This was not a good weekend. I need to draw huge frowny faces on my calender.
Friday I had some problems with getting my food to go down. Not sure but every once in awhile I just have what I call bad food days. I used this as an excuse not to run on Saturday. It didn't help that it was storming when I woke up. I had lots of errands to run during the day so I knew once I got out and about a run wasn't going to happen. No big deal, I will do it on Sunday. I laid in bed until 9 on Sunday and decided I would rather sit in a bubble bath and read. So, that is what I did. I really need to get off my ass, I have a half marathon next month for crying out loud!!
Food wasn't much better. I binged all weekend. Saturday morning wasn't bad, lunch wasn't even THAT bad. I went to Olive Garden and ate soup and salad. I was able to eat an entire bread stick, which never happens. Dennis had to work so I went and picked up lunch for him and bought some M&Ms to take to him. Well I forgot to give him the candy and it ended up at my house. We watched 2 movies and ate almost the entire bag.
Sunday was more M&M's, fast food tacos, popcorn, and crap. No seriously. We took Hunter with us to Dennis' parents house for dinner. I get so frustrated with the MIL because I am allergic to pork, it causes me severe digestion issues and if I touch it while it is raw my hand break out in a rash. Strange I know. Well I have been dating Dennis for 13 years but I feel like I am always the after thought when it comes to his family. She makes this huge dinner, which usually is pork roast or ham in this case and buys a rotisserie chicken from WM, pulls it off the bone and puts it on a serving platter for me. I hate rotisserie chicken from the grocery stores. Since I had Hunter there I fed him the chicken when no one was looking and ate the potatoes and green bean casserole (Hunter thought he was in heaven btw). For dessert I had a piece of peanut butter pie and a half a cupcake.
Dennis' sister sent a half dozen cupcakes home with us (she is a fantastic cook) and I brought them to work with me to git rid of them. I know if I am able to eat like this it is time for a fill. I called the doctor and they had a cancellation at 3:30 today!!! So I ate a cupcake. I should be ashamed.
I am really killing myself with the negative self talk with running, the new ballet class, and food. I watched Cirque on DVD this weekend and instead of making me want to do my class it had the opposite effect on me making me feel like I am wasting the teacher and the students time. There are some girls in that class who are seriously good and by me being there I am taking up the time they could be practicing. I just need to get out of my own head. A good run would do that but with the junk I have been eating I am not sure I have a good run in me.
Now I have a headache from the freaking sugar and self loathing.....
Friday I had some problems with getting my food to go down. Not sure but every once in awhile I just have what I call bad food days. I used this as an excuse not to run on Saturday. It didn't help that it was storming when I woke up. I had lots of errands to run during the day so I knew once I got out and about a run wasn't going to happen. No big deal, I will do it on Sunday. I laid in bed until 9 on Sunday and decided I would rather sit in a bubble bath and read. So, that is what I did. I really need to get off my ass, I have a half marathon next month for crying out loud!!
Food wasn't much better. I binged all weekend. Saturday morning wasn't bad, lunch wasn't even THAT bad. I went to Olive Garden and ate soup and salad. I was able to eat an entire bread stick, which never happens. Dennis had to work so I went and picked up lunch for him and bought some M&Ms to take to him. Well I forgot to give him the candy and it ended up at my house. We watched 2 movies and ate almost the entire bag.
Sunday was more M&M's, fast food tacos, popcorn, and crap. No seriously. We took Hunter with us to Dennis' parents house for dinner. I get so frustrated with the MIL because I am allergic to pork, it causes me severe digestion issues and if I touch it while it is raw my hand break out in a rash. Strange I know. Well I have been dating Dennis for 13 years but I feel like I am always the after thought when it comes to his family. She makes this huge dinner, which usually is pork roast or ham in this case and buys a rotisserie chicken from WM, pulls it off the bone and puts it on a serving platter for me. I hate rotisserie chicken from the grocery stores. Since I had Hunter there I fed him the chicken when no one was looking and ate the potatoes and green bean casserole (Hunter thought he was in heaven btw). For dessert I had a piece of peanut butter pie and a half a cupcake.
Dennis' sister sent a half dozen cupcakes home with us (she is a fantastic cook) and I brought them to work with me to git rid of them. I know if I am able to eat like this it is time for a fill. I called the doctor and they had a cancellation at 3:30 today!!! So I ate a cupcake. I should be ashamed.
I am really killing myself with the negative self talk with running, the new ballet class, and food. I watched Cirque on DVD this weekend and instead of making me want to do my class it had the opposite effect on me making me feel like I am wasting the teacher and the students time. There are some girls in that class who are seriously good and by me being there I am taking up the time they could be practicing. I just need to get out of my own head. A good run would do that but with the junk I have been eating I am not sure I have a good run in me.
Now I have a headache from the freaking sugar and self loathing.....


Okay, my beautiful friend, time to STOP. That class is for anyone and you are paying to go and YOU ENJOYED IT. So go and enjoy it!
ReplyDeleteStart training for your half tomorrow and forget about the weekend and the cupcake- it is in the past and it can't be changed.
I am sure the fill will help. You really are your own worse critic.
Hunter probably loves you MIL :) My in laws are the same way. They know I don't eat pizza any more and I swear every time I go there they order pizza.
ReplyDeleteSorry you had a bad weekend. I hope the fill helps! Will it help with things like cupcakes? So far I've found that if I want to eat anything like that, it goes right on through with no problems. Except for the one time I tried a doughnut. Now, that was ugly.
ReplyDeleteThose women can't expect the class to be just them. New people must come and go all the time, and they are supporting the teacher so she can help everyone get better. Go, and enjoy yourself! You had so much fun last time.
Stop the negative self talk!!! No negative self talk! Frowny faces, fine, but be gentle to yourself.
ReplyDeleteAnd get out there and run, it will make you feel much better!
Sorry to hear you had a bad weekend. Definatley need to stop talking to yourself like that. I agree with everyone above. Getting out there and running will totally make you feel better! Chin up! NO NO NO NO bad talk! Terrie is an awesome rockstar!!
ReplyDelete