Tuesday, April 23, 2013

step in the right direction

I decided to go home at lunch yesterday and sleep some more.  Probably the best decision I could have made.  I took a nice little swig from the cough medicine and just chilled.  I slept most of the afternoon and woke up feeling better.  Not much coughing today but I still have that nice mellow codeine haze so I am sure that has helped.  I am trying to push down as much water as I can, which is helping too.  Yesterday I got to the point that nothing tasted good, I couldn't force down another drink or bite, you know it's bad when just water leaves an aftertast.  This morning lemon water isn't causing too much of an aftertaste so again, probably a good thing. 

My new scale seems to be working well.  I am still around 108 so it isn't making sudden jumps and dips like the old ones were.  I think that feels about right too given my lack of appetite with the ick.  Right now I am starving for the first time in over a week.  I broke down and ate a packet of skinny cow clusters.  It was so worth it too.  Might have to drive through Raising Cane and get some chicken fingers for lunch too.  Man my stomach is growling.  Speaking of chicken fingers, am I the only one that thinks the Popeye's chicken "hands" are the most repulsive things ever?  Gross, they look like a witches hand.

Given the way I feel right now I think I will attempt to walk the OKC half.  Of course that is subject to change at any moment.  My cough has died down a lot and I slept really good last night.  I really need to put out a facebook message and see if anyone in the group is going to walk and would let me join up, just to keep me honest.  I also need to be mindful of expenses what with all the dental work and stuff I have been going through.  We still don't know what is going to happen with the furlough crap and I can spend some serious money at a marathon expo. 

Really don't have much else to say.  I slept through Bates Motel last night so I am going to have to stay up long enough to watch it tonight.  Other then that, I think I am going to just lay back.  Shocking I know.  I downloaded Under the Dome last night and started reading it.  Dennis has a geek/ham radio meeting tonight so I will be able to sit with the kids and relax. 

Alright I have to fake working.  Today is the last day of the steriods so I should be starting to shake off some of this funk and be able to concentrate better soon.  Right now I would be just as happy with my head on my keyboard drooling, lol.

4 comments:

  1. I have to force myself to hydrate...I am terrible at getting my water in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you got some good rest and are starting to feel better. Good luck at the marathon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. glad to hear you are feeling better. Don't push yourself too much

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so terrible about water. I wish I could get into a routine with it. I find myself just getting really thirsty and then gulping.

    Good luck on the half!!!

    ReplyDelete