Wednesday, April 10, 2013

hump day

I totally have to share this.  After I discovered my jolly rancher while running habit was rotting my teeth out of my mouth I decided to order some sugar free jolly ranchers.  When I ordered them I looked through the reviews and found this one.  It was by far the most entertaining review I have read on Amazon and the main reason I decided to order them.

The taste is excellent. You'll want to eat another.

Later, you'll experience the most amazing abdominal swelling. You'll swell like Violet Beauregard in Willy Wonka. I thought I was going to explode. I heard things rattling around inside me. It was weird. It hurt a lot, too.

That lasted for a couple of hours.

And then I began creating my own hole in the ozone layer, unleashing a series of enormous farts that continued unabated for hours. That part was sort of entertaining. 


I ate one and the taste is great and maybe it will give me the extra jet fuel I need when I start to get tired on my long runs!!

I am feeling better but still have a cough.  I think I will try a short run this weekend and see how the lungs feel.  That is always the worst for me because if I can't get my breathing regulated I just can't find that right groove.  I am not beating myself up over this and I am going to give myself time to heal.  I do have a half marathon in May but if I have to walk most of it so be it.  There will be more.

My sister and I plan on going to aerial ballet tonight, again, if I start to hack up a lung I will sit out.  I don't think it will be much of a problem since I really suck at it.  I love it, just not good at it....yet.  I seriously hope the dance teacher girl from high school doesn't show up.  Maybe they moved her up to the advanced class based on the pictures I saw of her on facebook.  

I have noticed a huge change since my fill last week!!  I no longer crave sweets and don't get the munchies every 2 hours.  I bought a huge thing of m&m's for Dennis and I have only eaten a few and that was because I had let the steroid pill sit in my mouth too long before I drank some water.  I reached for the closest thing I could find.  I have done a great job at ignoring the junk at work.  As a matter of fact I am wearing my 25 true religion jeans that were too tight a few weeks ago.  I am back to feeling confident and in control even though I am a sicky. 

Tomorrow I get to sleep a little late since I am going to the eye doctor.  I get to work at 7:30 and my appointment is at 9.  Technically I could come in but honestly, what a waste of great sleep and puppy cuddle time. 


4 comments:

  1. I love reading some of the awesome Amazon reviews...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha...I don't even want to talk about what happens when I am running long runs and have Gus and stuff. Sometimes it's just gotta come out! I might have to switch to Jolly Ranchers. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol! Reviews crack me up..and that one was an awesome one! You will be great at the ballet tonight..even if she is there..don't let her intimidate you...Your super tiny and looked great in the pics I saw..plus your new with no dance skills like her..bahhh You rock that rope tonight! and envious when I saw true religion jeans....I can't wait to get my first pair!..right after I sell my car to pay for them bahahahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HAHA! That happened to me once--I ate a whole bag (single serving size) of sugar-free gummy candy before going to the movies. That was one of the most uncomfortable experiences ever :)

    ReplyDelete