I went to the band doctor on Monday and got a small fill. My weight was up to 118.8!! My goal weight was 118 (my lowest weight was 107 but that was after having food poisoning). They tried to calm me by saying it was ONLY a few pounds but I know that's how it starts.
I got a .2 fill, bringing me back up to 5.3 in my band. I felt fine, water went down and all was well. I ate peanut butter for dinner because I was lazy and didn't want to have to find something smushy or liquid that I would have to fix. That went down fine. I think, though that I have a pill or something stuck because I literally coughed all night last night. I even went and slept semi-upright in the recliner, still coughed my head off, I am sore and hoarse from all the coughing and I think my stomach might be a little swollen? I don't plan in rushing in to get any taken out of my band just yet (that shit is like gold at $150 a pop) but if it isn't better by the weekend I will call and get back in and have half my fill removed.
Yesterday was uber busy. I had an appointment at the regular dentist first thing that morning. Turns out I have two cavities!! WTF!! They think it is because I suck on jolly ranchers when I run but really? I think they just saw I finally increased my dental coverage and saw an opportunity to cash in, lol.
After the first dentist I ran and got a spray tan. Picked up a protein smoothie and headed to the oral surgeon for my second appointment of the day. They took out the "healing cap"for my implant and replaced it with a bigger one. That was a little uncomfortable but not horrible. It did kind of give me a headache. I go back in for the post in two weeks and can finally get my tooth replaced!! I will get the cavities filled at the same time. While I was there I told the doctor that I had a little bit of a cold sore coming up and he gave me a prescription to take to get rid of it.
I went home and picked up Hunter to for acupuncture and his arthritis shot. I stopped while we were on our way and got a CFA grilled chicken sandwich. Hunter ate half but my half went down just fine. Of course Hunter was awesome and cracked everyone at the vet's office up acting like a puppy for attention. I love that boy. On the way home I picked up the script and took one of the pills. That didn't do down so well. Luckily I was close to home and was able to walk around until the OMG this isn't going to go down feeling went away. But, my stomach was kind of ick after that.
I had enough time to drop Hunter off at the house and get to my massage appointment. I had never been to this guy before but he was pretty good and it was not as pricey as I had expected. He uses heat packs to warm up muscles before he works on them. At one point he put the pack on my stomach and I think that might of screwed with my stomach a little too. At any rate dinner didn't happen last night, I felt really sick.
Right before bed I ate a few peanuts, probably the mistake that caused my horrible night. I am exhausted today. I guess it could have been a mix of night cough from the band and drainage from allergies? I will have to see how tonight goes.
Speaking of tonight...its ballet night. I am going to talk to the teacher and see if she can record how to do the foot holds. I will go to a fabric store and get some silk like material and practice. It isn't easy tying a knot around your foot just using your feet. What is worse is trying to untie the knot and descend the silk gracefully. I end up just jumping and/or sliding down like a fire pole. Not the preferred method.
OK, got to fix some issues that blew up while I was out yesterday. Not sure what they would do without me around here, lol.
* This title does not intend to take PTSD lightly. Dennis suffers from it and I have several veteran friends that have it. It is a very real thing and I feel for anyone who suffers it or who lives with someone who does.
I got a .2 fill, bringing me back up to 5.3 in my band. I felt fine, water went down and all was well. I ate peanut butter for dinner because I was lazy and didn't want to have to find something smushy or liquid that I would have to fix. That went down fine. I think, though that I have a pill or something stuck because I literally coughed all night last night. I even went and slept semi-upright in the recliner, still coughed my head off, I am sore and hoarse from all the coughing and I think my stomach might be a little swollen? I don't plan in rushing in to get any taken out of my band just yet (that shit is like gold at $150 a pop) but if it isn't better by the weekend I will call and get back in and have half my fill removed.
Yesterday was uber busy. I had an appointment at the regular dentist first thing that morning. Turns out I have two cavities!! WTF!! They think it is because I suck on jolly ranchers when I run but really? I think they just saw I finally increased my dental coverage and saw an opportunity to cash in, lol.
After the first dentist I ran and got a spray tan. Picked up a protein smoothie and headed to the oral surgeon for my second appointment of the day. They took out the "healing cap"for my implant and replaced it with a bigger one. That was a little uncomfortable but not horrible. It did kind of give me a headache. I go back in for the post in two weeks and can finally get my tooth replaced!! I will get the cavities filled at the same time. While I was there I told the doctor that I had a little bit of a cold sore coming up and he gave me a prescription to take to get rid of it.
I went home and picked up Hunter to for acupuncture and his arthritis shot. I stopped while we were on our way and got a CFA grilled chicken sandwich. Hunter ate half but my half went down just fine. Of course Hunter was awesome and cracked everyone at the vet's office up acting like a puppy for attention. I love that boy. On the way home I picked up the script and took one of the pills. That didn't do down so well. Luckily I was close to home and was able to walk around until the OMG this isn't going to go down feeling went away. But, my stomach was kind of ick after that.
I had enough time to drop Hunter off at the house and get to my massage appointment. I had never been to this guy before but he was pretty good and it was not as pricey as I had expected. He uses heat packs to warm up muscles before he works on them. At one point he put the pack on my stomach and I think that might of screwed with my stomach a little too. At any rate dinner didn't happen last night, I felt really sick.
Right before bed I ate a few peanuts, probably the mistake that caused my horrible night. I am exhausted today. I guess it could have been a mix of night cough from the band and drainage from allergies? I will have to see how tonight goes.
Speaking of tonight...its ballet night. I am going to talk to the teacher and see if she can record how to do the foot holds. I will go to a fabric store and get some silk like material and practice. It isn't easy tying a knot around your foot just using your feet. What is worse is trying to untie the knot and descend the silk gracefully. I end up just jumping and/or sliding down like a fire pole. Not the preferred method.
OK, got to fix some issues that blew up while I was out yesterday. Not sure what they would do without me around here, lol.
* This title does not intend to take PTSD lightly. Dennis suffers from it and I have several veteran friends that have it. It is a very real thing and I feel for anyone who suffers it or who lives with someone who does.


I find that this last fill I had keeps me tight and little things aggravate it, stress, TOM, Allergies. I also make sure to stop eating/drinking by 6:00-6:30 so I don't have reflux during the night. Good luck chica!
ReplyDeleteYuck, I hope it's not the fill and just the allergies. But I think we all know the real culprit of the 118 Miss Candy. ;) I say that with love, god knows I'm up 5lbs from where I want to be for the same reasons!!!!
ReplyDeleteBoo for cavities. I love going to the dentist except when they tell me I have a cavity. I wouldn't put it past them that they saw the increase in your coverage and decided these cavities NEEDED to be filled.
ReplyDeleteAs a dental hygienist, I can say that your cavities are very likely because of the jolly ranchers. I am betting you use them to help keep your mouth moist while running?? The sugar in the candy raises the acidity level in your mouth combined with the drying of your mouth while running is like cavity heaven. Sugar free candies with xylitol will give you the same effects the jolly ranchers without the risk of cavities. As for your dental coverage -- most dentists I have worked for were money grubbing assholes, but it still sounds like the cavities may be legit. :-)
ReplyDeleteI need to get an implant, but it is going to have to wait. After the recovery process I am currently going through, I couldn't even begin to think about going to a dentist to torture me even more :) Your dog does acupuncture??? Never heard of that before. I have been thinking about it for myself though.
ReplyDeleteI hope everything works out with your fill. I am debating on whether or not to get a small top off when I go in in a couple of weeks. Sounds like you were super productive. Glad to hear Hunter is doing well! God bless all of our Vets! Active or not! Thank you for serving!
ReplyDelete