Sunday, April 7, 2013

sick a-freaking-gain

I have had the most horrible time with what I assumed was night coughs since Monday.  I have been banished to sleep on the recliner.  That didn't help me much, I still coughed so hard I would puke.  When it happened Friday night I was ready to just rip my band out.  Then I realized I was freezing and it wasn't particularly that cold in the house.  I grabbed the thermometer and sure enough I had over 102 fever. So, at least it doesn't appear to be band related.  I went to urgent care Saturday and was told that I have bronchitis and am on 5 different medications.  I wasn't so impressed with the cough "pills" I got.  Sure enough I coughed up a lung most of last night.  I called back and got some of the good stuff today.  I love codeine. I am hoping to get some sleep tonight.

Needless to say I haven't been exercising but I feel a letter better about letting exercise slide last week, I guess my body was just trying to tell me something.

Life will be interesting for  the next few weeks.  First thing I have to get done is to get my freaking car back.  Yep, my car was repoed Thursday night.  Although I have tried several times to talk to people they aren't giving out information.  the only issue I have ever had was a long time ago when I paid my payment online.  I entered it like you do on most websites and instead of them taking $200 out of my account they attempted to take out $20,000!!!  As soon as I saw this I started calling to try to stop the payment.  Of course they wouldn't and they told me they would send it through twice.  I am certain there are some fees associated with that they are using to take my car.  It was very humiliating and I know that Dennis thinks I just stopped making my payments because seriously, things like this don't happen to ordinary people.  I am sure this is going to end up costing me but at this point I just want my car back.  They did tell me that there is a chance that I would have to refinance the car to get it back, seriously?  What a pain in the ass.  If I didn't love my car so much and had to prove to Dennis I am not just some deadbeat I would tell them to keep the damn thing and I would drive the trailblazer.  This of course had me really upset Friday.

I am finally going back to the eye doctor on Wednesday after having to reschedule from the kidney stone crap.  I am sure I will have to put off actually buying glasses/contacts until after the car fiasco is worked out.

Next Monday we have a bunch of bigwigs coming in to interview for our new Chief...TYJ!!  So we are going to have a meeting with the DC folks.  We are also doing a huge BBQ dinner.  I am not stressed out about the food since I got my fill, but my supervisor, who is my new BFF again (if you ask her) told me who made the short list for the interviews and there is only one that I think would be a good boss.  I think he is a shoe in unless he shows up at the interview drunk.  I am so tempted to hide my recorder under the table!!

It looks like I will finally be getting my tooth next week so I will be taking off two more afternoons next week.  It is going to feel so strange having a tooth again.  It is going to look and feel so different!!

May 3 will be the big going away party for the Nazi Chief!!!!  I have my finger crossed that our new boss will not be a bully like he is.  I am so ready for this change!!  There is only one person that I DO NOT want to get the job and I don't think she has a snowballs chance.  She will be crushed but no one wants her in that job.  I'm not going to stress about.

Ok, since none of this is really diet related I will find something productive to do.

wish me luck on the car screw up, I hope to have my lime green Escape, aka Kermit back by mid week.

6 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about your troubles with Kermit. Hopefully you can get everything sorted out soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry to hear about your car...I know you love that thing..I am sure you can get it sorted out..I mean they really don't want it, I am sure they just want money. I agree codeine works wonders...although I hallucinate sometimes on it when I am not eating much...weird..but I am a light weight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy weekend! I will keep my fingers crossed that everything gets taken care of.

    Also, why can't YOU be flying out to the DC folks instead of the other way around?? Then I could go running with you in person!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope everything gets sorted out soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope everything gets fixed with Kermit :( SOrry to hear you're sick. I hope you get to feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So sorry to hear about your car :( I hope you get it all sorted out.

    ReplyDelete