The doctor didn't take all of the fluid out of my band but he did take out over half.
To recap recent events, and as y'all have heard me bitch about, I have been sick for weeks. I went to urgent care and they told me I had bronchitis. I thought it might have been my band but I was running 102 fever so I thought it would blow over. I coughed so much that I would sit up in my sleep and throw up. Lots of nights on the couch and recliner. About a week later I tried to run a 5K loop and my lungs wouldn't do it. So I called my regular doctor and got additional antibiotics (she said that a Z-Pak wouldn't touch bronchitis) steroids, etc. Another week, more coughing but with chest pains this time in addition to the fever and everything else. I spent the better part of the day at my doctor yesterday having EKG, chest X-rays, breathing treatments, the whole nine yards. Everything looked fine but she is going to set up an upper GI with the gastro doctor to just check things out. Last night was another night spent coughing up a lung and running fever. She called and talked to Dr. A and they decided that my esophagus was really inflamed and decided that I needed to have most of the fluid removed and give everything time to heal. I have only worked one day this week because I have been physically exhausted and could hardly sit up for anytime without feeling light headed.
I think I am left with maybe 2CC's in my band. I usually have 5.4 or so. Of course I can get filled but damn if those $150 appointments don't add up.
For now I am supposed to take Mylanta and get some rest and food; my weight was down to 105. As a matter of fact there is a froyo place by the doctor's office and Dr. A walked me down and made me get some. Funniest trip to the "diet" doctor ever.
For now I have big plans for a food truck event next weekend. I'm not sure how long it will take for everything to heal but I consider myself lucky that I am not in the hospital.
As far as running goes, it isn't. I called the friend I was going to stay with and told her I was out for this weekend. Joplin is in two weeks and I am going to blow that one off too. Both doctors said it was going to take awhile to get the endurance back. I am signed up for St. Louis RNR in October and I plan to regroup and kick ass at that one. As a matter of fact I really want to do the full marathon in Tulsa in November, zero to 100 that's me.
I am anxious to see what the scope shows but I am trying really hard not to think about it. The last week I kind of reflected on how easy this process has been for me. I really hope it continues to heal and that I am able go back to auto mode. For now I just have my fingers crossed for a good nights sleep and a full day of work tomorrow so I won't be as stressed over the weekend. My sister and I are going to have our nails done and eat at Olive Garden...I can seriously see myself gaining a lot of weight fast. MUST REMEMBER SELF CONTROL!!
Thank so much for all of your support, it really does mean a lot to me and helped calm me down while I was in full freak out mode at the doctor. I will be back up and running in no time...again, fingers crossed.
To recap recent events, and as y'all have heard me bitch about, I have been sick for weeks. I went to urgent care and they told me I had bronchitis. I thought it might have been my band but I was running 102 fever so I thought it would blow over. I coughed so much that I would sit up in my sleep and throw up. Lots of nights on the couch and recliner. About a week later I tried to run a 5K loop and my lungs wouldn't do it. So I called my regular doctor and got additional antibiotics (she said that a Z-Pak wouldn't touch bronchitis) steroids, etc. Another week, more coughing but with chest pains this time in addition to the fever and everything else. I spent the better part of the day at my doctor yesterday having EKG, chest X-rays, breathing treatments, the whole nine yards. Everything looked fine but she is going to set up an upper GI with the gastro doctor to just check things out. Last night was another night spent coughing up a lung and running fever. She called and talked to Dr. A and they decided that my esophagus was really inflamed and decided that I needed to have most of the fluid removed and give everything time to heal. I have only worked one day this week because I have been physically exhausted and could hardly sit up for anytime without feeling light headed.
I think I am left with maybe 2CC's in my band. I usually have 5.4 or so. Of course I can get filled but damn if those $150 appointments don't add up.
For now I am supposed to take Mylanta and get some rest and food; my weight was down to 105. As a matter of fact there is a froyo place by the doctor's office and Dr. A walked me down and made me get some. Funniest trip to the "diet" doctor ever.
For now I have big plans for a food truck event next weekend. I'm not sure how long it will take for everything to heal but I consider myself lucky that I am not in the hospital.
As far as running goes, it isn't. I called the friend I was going to stay with and told her I was out for this weekend. Joplin is in two weeks and I am going to blow that one off too. Both doctors said it was going to take awhile to get the endurance back. I am signed up for St. Louis RNR in October and I plan to regroup and kick ass at that one. As a matter of fact I really want to do the full marathon in Tulsa in November, zero to 100 that's me.
I am anxious to see what the scope shows but I am trying really hard not to think about it. The last week I kind of reflected on how easy this process has been for me. I really hope it continues to heal and that I am able go back to auto mode. For now I just have my fingers crossed for a good nights sleep and a full day of work tomorrow so I won't be as stressed over the weekend. My sister and I are going to have our nails done and eat at Olive Garden...I can seriously see myself gaining a lot of weight fast. MUST REMEMBER SELF CONTROL!!
Thank so much for all of your support, it really does mean a lot to me and helped calm me down while I was in full freak out mode at the doctor. I will be back up and running in no time...again, fingers crossed.


Just say "no" to the breadsticks, please!!
ReplyDeleteIt took a good few days for the swelling to subside after my unfill. I'm sure you'll feel better in no time.
ReplyDeleteOh you poor thing...that sounds like you have been thru the wringer! I hope you heal quickly
ReplyDeleteI hope you can kick this soon and get back to feeling better!
ReplyDeletetake time to rest and let your body heal.
ReplyDeleteYIKES! You poor thing. I hope you get better fast Terri....
ReplyDelete