1. I took off early from work on Tuesday and went to the oral surgeon. The "healing cap" had to removed and it took two people to get it off. Talk about a small level of discomfort. They tried on a post to see what would fit the best and then put the healing cap back on. My jaw was just a little sore.
2. Before I went to the surgeon I went home and changed into my running stuff so I wouldn't have an excuse to get out of it. Plus I decided I would do a 5K loop at Lafortune Park so I couldn't just decide I was ready to turn around. The first mile was horrible. My legs and lungs felt like they belonged to two different people. My legs finally warmed up but I never did get my lungs in the game. I actually had to sit down about half way through and just catch my breath. Yes, it was windy but that shouldn't make that much of a difference. I felt really bad as I was getting back into my car and some random guy told me I was doing a good job. I was all, yeah you too (but I did mean it). He said yup but you were running. Talk about making you feel like a phoney. Big ole 13:22 minute miles, kind of embarrassing.
3. Knowing that there is something going on with my lungs I decided to call my doctor and see if she couldn't just add to or increase my medication to see if I can get my lungs healthy again. She told me that if I am having what I thought was acute asthma I had two choices, come see her the next day at 4:30 or go to the ER. Preferably not an urgent care. I decided I would go see her on Wednesday.
4. Not sure if it was from running outside or what but I coughed all night again on Tuesday night. Dennis sent me to the recliner to try and drain the crap out of my throat to maybe ease some of the pain and coughing but it was too late. I tried water, candy, everything but nothing helped. I called in to work about 4 am and told my boss I was not going to make it in. At that time I barely had a voice left. I think I finally fell asleep about 8:30 and slept until it was time to get up and get ready for round two of the dentist.
5. The oral surgeon sent someone over from their office to help my dentist get the post put on. They got it fitted...
and honestly it looks like a cool new piercing!! They wouldn't let me keep it because they said I would end up breaking my other teeth with it. But how punk rock is that?
WARNING, NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART....
this is what it would look like without the healing cap or post.- this is not my picture of course, they were working on my mouth and wouldn't leave long enough for me to get a good selfie of it. I did play with the hole with my tongue, which I don't think were too fond of either. What can I say, I have a strange curiosity about things like that.
This is what it looks like now with the new bigger healing cap. They should have the new tooth made in three weeks.
6. This whole Boston Marathon thing has gotten me all up in arms. I expected an eventual attack at a sporting event but NOT MY SPORTING EVENT!! NOT A MARATHON!! Obviously I will never run Boston unless I get a rich sponsor. But if I lived close I would have been at that finish line either helping or cheering on finishers with a stupid sign. If you want to mess with athletes, marathon runners are the wrong ones.
7. I went home Monday night and signed up for the OKC half marathon. Nope I haven't trained and I am not physically the strongest in my life but damn it I will walk this if I have too. The OKC marathon is the epitome of strength against terror and I will be damned if this is the first one I miss in 5 years. Depending on the lung situation I may step down to the 5K or I may just walk it and take my time for once (okay maybe not "for once")but I will be there and I will come out with my medal just as proud as if I had finished Boston. I also think it is neat that OKC is allowing anyone that signed up for Boston and was not allowed to finish a free entry into the race. People make fun of "Okies" and to me honest, some uses of the word bothers the hell out of me, but we are strong and we do what we can to help others. Yes I know most states and cities would but I am so glad that most haven't been put in the position to have to test that theory out. It can really bring not only the region but the nation to its knees.
8. Let me draw your attention back to number 2 and let you see just how big of an idiot I am. A normal person would have just signed up to volunteer. Wish I would have thought of that earlier, DOH.
9. Speaking of running. I went by the running store to sign me and my friend Kim up for Run Tulsa Pink. It is Sunday at 7:40 pm. I don't like to run that late, especially on a Sunday night. When I got to the store Deon, my friend that works at the store (and Kim's cousin) said they were out of shirts already. Thankfully Kim said she didn't want to run without a shirt!! Thank goodness. I do have a 10K next Thursday night for a friend of mine who lost a baby to some strange genetic disease. This is the third annual race but first one I have done and it is the Thursday before the Half. Yup, I really want to kill myself.
10. Last night I finally got some sleep. I took my cough medication (thank you Dr. Vineyard for the industrial size bottle of codeine) and my Kindle and went to bed before 9. Not sure what time I went to sleep because I kept waking myself up dropping the Kindle. The tornado sirens started to go off around midnight. For those of you that live in tornado alley that means to grab the smartphone, look at the radar and see how close thee red dot is to your address if it isn't on your street, go back to sleep. From what I could tell the bad part of the storm was south of me and I put out a facebook message to double check. (and I had called Dennis and told him that since he went home last night and I was high on drugs it was up to him to make sure and warm me if the weather got bad close to my house). I have two girls who are scared of storms so I got up, gave them a Xanax, took another hit of codeine and went back to sleep. I am still here and the house didn't appear to have any damage, nor were there news trucks in my neighborhood so I guess we came out fine. I used to be so scared of storms, now that we have radar that can pretty much show what house if is going to hit at what time I have calmed down alot. I wonder if they will ever be able to use that information to just call those houses. That my friends is a million dollar idea.
Sorry this is all over the place. I am back on 120mg of predisone twice a day for 2 days and a slow taper down for the next week or so. This makes me feel bitchy. Add to that the ventolin inhaler 6 times a day and I am a bitchy person about to crawl out of my skin!!
If the cough isn't bad today I will run 3-5 miles on the TM tonight, if not I will hit the cough meds early and often
2. Before I went to the surgeon I went home and changed into my running stuff so I wouldn't have an excuse to get out of it. Plus I decided I would do a 5K loop at Lafortune Park so I couldn't just decide I was ready to turn around. The first mile was horrible. My legs and lungs felt like they belonged to two different people. My legs finally warmed up but I never did get my lungs in the game. I actually had to sit down about half way through and just catch my breath. Yes, it was windy but that shouldn't make that much of a difference. I felt really bad as I was getting back into my car and some random guy told me I was doing a good job. I was all, yeah you too (but I did mean it). He said yup but you were running. Talk about making you feel like a phoney. Big ole 13:22 minute miles, kind of embarrassing.
3. Knowing that there is something going on with my lungs I decided to call my doctor and see if she couldn't just add to or increase my medication to see if I can get my lungs healthy again. She told me that if I am having what I thought was acute asthma I had two choices, come see her the next day at 4:30 or go to the ER. Preferably not an urgent care. I decided I would go see her on Wednesday.
4. Not sure if it was from running outside or what but I coughed all night again on Tuesday night. Dennis sent me to the recliner to try and drain the crap out of my throat to maybe ease some of the pain and coughing but it was too late. I tried water, candy, everything but nothing helped. I called in to work about 4 am and told my boss I was not going to make it in. At that time I barely had a voice left. I think I finally fell asleep about 8:30 and slept until it was time to get up and get ready for round two of the dentist.
5. The oral surgeon sent someone over from their office to help my dentist get the post put on. They got it fitted...
and honestly it looks like a cool new piercing!! They wouldn't let me keep it because they said I would end up breaking my other teeth with it. But how punk rock is that?
WARNING, NOT FOR THE FAINT OF HEART....
this is what it would look like without the healing cap or post.- this is not my picture of course, they were working on my mouth and wouldn't leave long enough for me to get a good selfie of it. I did play with the hole with my tongue, which I don't think were too fond of either. What can I say, I have a strange curiosity about things like that.
This is what it looks like now with the new bigger healing cap. They should have the new tooth made in three weeks.
6. This whole Boston Marathon thing has gotten me all up in arms. I expected an eventual attack at a sporting event but NOT MY SPORTING EVENT!! NOT A MARATHON!! Obviously I will never run Boston unless I get a rich sponsor. But if I lived close I would have been at that finish line either helping or cheering on finishers with a stupid sign. If you want to mess with athletes, marathon runners are the wrong ones.
7. I went home Monday night and signed up for the OKC half marathon. Nope I haven't trained and I am not physically the strongest in my life but damn it I will walk this if I have too. The OKC marathon is the epitome of strength against terror and I will be damned if this is the first one I miss in 5 years. Depending on the lung situation I may step down to the 5K or I may just walk it and take my time for once (okay maybe not "for once")but I will be there and I will come out with my medal just as proud as if I had finished Boston. I also think it is neat that OKC is allowing anyone that signed up for Boston and was not allowed to finish a free entry into the race. People make fun of "Okies" and to me honest, some uses of the word bothers the hell out of me, but we are strong and we do what we can to help others. Yes I know most states and cities would but I am so glad that most haven't been put in the position to have to test that theory out. It can really bring not only the region but the nation to its knees.
8. Let me draw your attention back to number 2 and let you see just how big of an idiot I am. A normal person would have just signed up to volunteer. Wish I would have thought of that earlier, DOH.
9. Speaking of running. I went by the running store to sign me and my friend Kim up for Run Tulsa Pink. It is Sunday at 7:40 pm. I don't like to run that late, especially on a Sunday night. When I got to the store Deon, my friend that works at the store (and Kim's cousin) said they were out of shirts already. Thankfully Kim said she didn't want to run without a shirt!! Thank goodness. I do have a 10K next Thursday night for a friend of mine who lost a baby to some strange genetic disease. This is the third annual race but first one I have done and it is the Thursday before the Half. Yup, I really want to kill myself.
10. Last night I finally got some sleep. I took my cough medication (thank you Dr. Vineyard for the industrial size bottle of codeine) and my Kindle and went to bed before 9. Not sure what time I went to sleep because I kept waking myself up dropping the Kindle. The tornado sirens started to go off around midnight. For those of you that live in tornado alley that means to grab the smartphone, look at the radar and see how close thee red dot is to your address if it isn't on your street, go back to sleep. From what I could tell the bad part of the storm was south of me and I put out a facebook message to double check. (and I had called Dennis and told him that since he went home last night and I was high on drugs it was up to him to make sure and warm me if the weather got bad close to my house). I have two girls who are scared of storms so I got up, gave them a Xanax, took another hit of codeine and went back to sleep. I am still here and the house didn't appear to have any damage, nor were there news trucks in my neighborhood so I guess we came out fine. I used to be so scared of storms, now that we have radar that can pretty much show what house if is going to hit at what time I have calmed down alot. I wonder if they will ever be able to use that information to just call those houses. That my friends is a million dollar idea.
Sorry this is all over the place. I am back on 120mg of predisone twice a day for 2 days and a slow taper down for the next week or so. This makes me feel bitchy. Add to that the ventolin inhaler 6 times a day and I am a bitchy person about to crawl out of my skin!!
If the cough isn't bad today I will run 3-5 miles on the TM tonight, if not I will hit the cough meds early and often




that is amazing what they did to your tooth!!! love it!
ReplyDeleteYou get to be all over the place when you are doing TTT! Personally, I find it much harder than writing the way I usually do, which is why I've only done it once.
ReplyDeleteHope the cough clears up soon!
A friend of mine just had a band slip because she had bronchitis and all the coughing caused the band slip...so, please take care of that cough. Ok, I was very seriously thinking about getting an implant for a tooth that will eventually need to be pulled, but after seeing those pictures I am having second thoughts. Yes, I can go through lapband surgery AND a tummy tuck, but cringe at the thought of someone messing with my mouth :)
ReplyDeleteWOW and ouch all at the same time! Get that cough taken care of! I hope everything starts feeling better. Your tooth looks painful!
ReplyDeleteOh man, I hope that cough gets taken care of and you figure out the lung situation ASAP. My mouth is cringing for your mouth...I think it's time you got a break!!!
ReplyDelete