Tuesday, March 5, 2013

Baby steps

I really want to thank everyone who has offered their support and comments on my whoa is me blogs the last few weeks.  I am really trying to force myself into a better place.  Ya know, fake it 'til ya make it. 

I had a pretty good weekend.  Saturday was pretty much all about me.  I had my nails done, got my hair trimmed and touched up, bought that sweater I have had my eye on for months.  Start the month off right. 

Yesterday turned out to be super busy.  I had to take off early to get Hunter to the vet to get his arthritis shot.  Dennis usually takes him but he has screwed his schedule up because of the stupid radio club (I am about to throw a tantrum about the stupid radio club btw) so I had to take off work to get Hunt to the vet to keep him on schedule.  I also had to take him to his regular vet to get his proheart shot because they were out last week.  While I was out I stopped and mailed a care package off to Jennifer and got a few pairs of jeans hemmed that I have had sitting around my house.  The sad thing about the jeans is, one pair I can't get buttoned now.  I have to stop being a food vacuum. 
I dropped Hunter's pain medication prescription off at the pharmacy and went for a run around the reservoir a couple of miles away.  It was hot, like in the 70's so my pace was a lot slower than normal.  Funny thing is, in a few months the 70's will be a cold front.

Anyway, I got a lot done yesterday and even made time for a little exercise.  The plan is to either run on the treadmill or do the recumbent bike tonight.  I brought my stuff to work so I might break down and just go downstairs and do it.

I know this sounds crazy but I have a real desire to go back to school and get a degree in nutrition.  I think it is very interesting and I don't know of very many that have actually gone through serious weight issues and/or WLS.  I have started to look at some schools but can't find anything local.  I could do it online but would have to pay the outrageous out of state tuition.  I need to do some more research and find some scholarships.  I do have my Masters in Environmental Science so I am not sure what I would be able to use towards this degree.  Probably only the basics is what I am thinking, have to start with the B.S. but heck, at least the boring part is out of the way.  I know this might just be me deflecting since I am so unhappy with my job right now.  Although I have thought about this a lot, I may look at you like you have two heads if you remind me I thought about doing this in a month or so.  Plus, I don't think I could ever leave my "cushy" government job but I could do something on weekends and evenings since most people work.  I think I just miss the feeling of school being the most stressful thing in my life.

As far as junk food goes, I have done pretty good.  No easter candy at work on Friday or yesterday.  We had program yesterday with cake and I took a piece, ate three bites and threw it away.  We are having a staff meeting this morning and people have a really bad habit of bringing snacks.  I am going to go fill up my water bottle and sit as far away from the shit as I can. 

One day at a time.  I really need to order some gold stars to put on my calendar. 

5 comments:

  1. Is there a dietitian certification or something you could do that doesn't require the entire course? What about personal training???

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know I don't think nutrition would be funny at all...we all spend so much time with it on our LB journey it just seems natural...I don't see why you couldn't keep the "cush" job until you get the nutrition thing going....and I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE PANTS!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't think it's crazy. Keep researching and see what is out there.

    Good luck avoiding the junk food!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not crazy at all. Look into it. I bet you can do both if you want.

    What would you get the gold stars on the calendar for??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Totally not crazy, I have been thinking about a career change too. So sick of being a cube jockey. And we are totally here for you! Good for your for taking a day to appreciate yourself!

    ReplyDelete