Wednesday, March 6, 2013

no gold star yesterday

I didn't earn my gold star yesterday (I get a gold star everyday I go without visting the office candy jar, or for now a star drawn with a brown sharpie) They always bring snacks in to these 3 hour long meetings and I swear there was a mini twix just daring me to eat it during the entire meeting. I almost made it too. I was getting aggravated at my supervisor and co-lead answering questions for me when they weren't involved in the projects. The information they had they got from me!! I wanted to tell them that I didn't need their help making me look like an incompetent idiot. Instead I ate the damn candy bar. After that all bets were off; a mini snickers, 3 musketeer and m&ms also meet a tragic fate at my doing. Oh well. I will get my gold star today. Oh, yeah, remind me to go buy gold stars, :laugh5:

No work out last night. I had my nails done saturday and my thumb was starting to peal. I was so concerned I would forget to stop by and get the nail fixed that I forgot my running bag at work. Today is supposed to be a nice day so I will get it in today. I need to start doing some treadmill speed work again too.

Speaking of getting my nails done, I went in on a groupon and really liked this lady, she did a great job and offers fills for shilac nails at a much cheaper price. I have never seen anyone do that before. She seemed nice and offers appointments online, which I love. Well as I was there yesterday she started talking about "black helicopters" flying around doing urban assault training. I told her that Tulsa County has a black helicopter, I know this for a fact because we got to go up in it and take pictures for a photography class. But nope, these are UN helicopters practicing for the Government take over and that they have been spotted in Texas and Florida and it is just a sign of the end times :afraid2: . She then starts talking about how the holy spirit told her that the Hoover Dam would be the next thing to be targeted and it wouldn't be a natural disaster or terrorists, it would be an inside job like the twin towers. I almost got up and walked out with my wet nails. Crap, now I have to find another nail lady because I can't listen to that bat :@ crazy crap. I almost asked her if she knew I worked for the federal government, I could be in on all of this and I would never tell. The nail lady is know known as Jessie Ventura.

I am eating peanut butter for breakfast but keeping in mind that there is probably close to 180 calories in two spoon fulls. NO MORE HALF A JAR SNACK. As a matter of fact, on more spoonful and it goes back in my drawer. I am trying to limit the PB consumption to pre-run fuel.

I have looked more into the going back to school thing. Oklahoma State has a couple of programs I am really interested in Community Nutrition and Nutrition or Dietetics and Exercise with a minor in Nutritional Sciences. The college campus is about an hour and a half away and I don't know if I could handle the stress of a commute like that on top of a stressful full time job. I need to call or email and find out if they offer enough of the classes online that I could do the majority of it there and if some of the classes might be offered at the Tulsa campus. The Master's program is offered online but since my degree is in Environmental Science I don't think that would help me out much. OU offers a program too but it isn't exactly what I want and again, it doesn't look like it is offered online. I also need to look into financial aid, which I don't think I could get and scholarships for old people. It has been so long since I have done this I am sure I will have to get help from some of the young yipper snappers in my office. The more I think about it the more excited I get.  Anyone information on locating scholarships would be greatly appreciated.

4 comments:

  1. I recently read something about using fastweb.com to find scholarships. I don't know how good it is, but you could check it out.

    I would run far, run fast from your crazy nail lady. If she does find out you work for the govt., she will probably stab you with her nail scissors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Crazy people freak me out...run from the nail lady!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh lord, I wouldn't have had patience for that. Seriously!

    Let's give each other gold stars...I haven't been earning mine either lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love it when co-worker tries to take credit for my work...I have a boss who does that..damn candy!

    ReplyDelete