Friday, March 22, 2013

Friday, I thought you would never get here!!

I got Libby Lou taken back to the vet yesterday.  They did a platelet count and decided that she doesn't have an active infection, therefore we can take her off the horrible antibiotics.  She is on an OTC heart burn medication to try and get her stomach under control.  24 hours without medication and she was already acting better and wanting some treats.  She was such a angel at the vet.  She usually gets all hyper in public and embarrasses the crap out of me but she remembered her basic obedience training perfectly and made me proud.  Makes me wish she didn't have knee problems so I could run with her.  She is so gorgeous, she would look so pretty with her long blond hair blowing in the breeze!
I went to the grocery store last night and picked up some random things to cook in the crock pot.  I mixed up beef tips, cream of mushroom soup, onion, garlic, and Worcestershire sauce.  It probably would have been good with some mushrooms but I didn't get any and didn't have any in the house.  I got some egg noodles to put it over.  We will see how that turns out.  It is cooking as I type.  I also picked up most of the stuff for chicken burritos.  I can mix it up and get it ready over the weekend and fix it early next week.

I also picked up some lemons for my new water bottle.  I really like it and I have gotten a lot of comments on it.  It looks really cool!!
It took me half a lemon to figure it out (never claimed to be the sharpest knife in the drawer) but I got it set up.  You screw off the bottom part and put ice in it.  Then you put the juicer part over the bottom of the bottle (remembering to leave the top on - which I didn't the first time, doh) and juice the fruit into the bottle.  Screw the bottom back on and fill it up with water.  I am on my second bottle of the morning and I am still using the same lemon half.  I also have some cuties, clementine oranges that I might try this afternoon.  

Tomorrow is the Race to the Well 10K.  It is supposed to be really cold and pouring rain.  Should make for an interesting run.  I might see if I can switch to the 5K.  Heck I could just do the 5K and I still wouldn't have to worry about screwing with the race results.  The fast people will have finished the 10K before I get to the turn around, lol.

Oh, and I got my smiley face yesterday.  I have no choice but to make today a smiley day since I accidentally put the sticker on the wrong day at first.  Again, never claimed I was smart.  

OK, I am going to organize my desk today before it gets out of control.  Everyone pretty much cleared the day for the furlough meetings and they postponed it two weeks.  I just wish they would make a decision and stick with it already!!


 

6 comments:

  1. You know, I thought about putting a pre-emptive smiley on my calendar to kind of keep me going - like, I don't want to cross it off! Funny that you did that just as I was thinking that this morning.

    Can't wait to hear how the race goes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad Libby is feeling better!

    I hope the weather isn't too miserable at your race tomorrow. If it is, a 5K sounds like plenty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad that adorable puppy is doing better! It was a short week for me but Friday couldn't get here quick enough! good luck with your race!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love that water bottle! Where did you get it??

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad your lovely doggy is feeling better! Good luck for the race xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I bet clementines would be yummy! and great job getting the water in. Glad Libby is better!

    ReplyDelete