Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ask me about my boobs

Well, I went to the Ladies Night/bra fitting at "my" running store yesterday.  There was a great turn out.  There were reps from two running companies there fitting bras and a lot of women who wanted to be fit, the line was incredibly long.  I stood in line next to one of my aqua jogging buddies and we talked about our weight loss journey (she looks amazing btw and is the running ambassador for Lulumon athletics - way hard core).  Apparently there was a news crew setting up that over heard the conversation and asked me to be on the news....WHHHAAAA?  What the hell.  So they filmed me talking about bras and supporting the girls.  Keep in mind this was after a very hard 2 mile run with my hair pinned back because I can't stand hair in my eyes when I run.  I really hope no one sees it.  On the other hand I did find a new sports bra that I really liked and can't wait to try out.

Back to the run.  It was probably one of the hardest runs I have made myself do in a long time.  At first I planned to run with my friend at work but I knew that I couldn't keep up.  Since I was going to the running store right by the river trail I decided I had no excuse but to run there.  I had intended to do 3 miles but I just didn't have it in me.  My knee hurt,
my legs were tired, and worse of all, my lungs were on fire.  I can work with tired and sore legs, but if I can't get my breathing regulated in 2 miles it just isn't going to happen.  I had to keep reminding myself that I did a 9 mile trail run 2 days before, this was a recovery run and I didn't have to beat any time or distance, and not every run can be a good one.  I had to follow my own advice and just put in some miles even if it means walking most of it.  I do feel a little less stiff this morning.  But, it really made me doubt my ability to do a 10K on Saturday.  At least it isn't until 5pm.

My little sister sent me an email yesterday with this link....aerial ballet asking me if I want to take classes with her.  I told her that I would, it sounds like fun.  I get a text this morning that she is going to class TONIGHT.  I told her that I am in no condition to do this right now but I would love to join her next week.  She is going to go tonight and let me know what it is like.  I am not sure what kind of crazy I am turning into, I have no upper body strength and I am scared of heights.  We will see.  I promised her I would try it so I will go once no matter what.

Food has really been bad lately.  Yesterday it was potato chips up until time for our weekly staff meeting.  One of my co-workers brought in peanut butter eggs!!!  So my smiley face was hijacked.  That is ok because if the pb eggs hadn't taken mr. smiley glacier confections at the running store would have gotten it.  I hate/love Easter.

Then after a new found resolve when I woke up this morning another coworker walks in with this...
for the first day of spring.  It is pound cake on the bottom, vanilla ice cream, and oreo cookie crumbs.  I say that since it was a gift and I couldn't turn it down that it shouldn't count against my smiley face for the day.  Yes, I did eat some of it but it would have been rude not to.  It was almost forced on me against my will.  I only ate a little bit, enough to find the hidden worm
and put the rest in the freezer to take home to Dennis.  He loves ice cream, I could take it or leave it.  My running partner said NO SMILEY FACE but I told her I was going to ask you guys and see what you think, lol.

My stubborn bull headed dog with the tick disease is refusing to take her medication.  I put it in a pill pocket yesterday and she oh so gently walked up to me and spit it back out into my hand....not once but three times.  I gave it to Dennis and told him to get the pill down his girls throat.  Her second pill was given in peanut butter and she was pissed off beyond belief.  So much so that she refused to come in last night and slept outside.  This morning when I tried to give her the pill in a pill pocket she refused to open her mouth.  I pried her mouth open and put the pill in and she literally spit it across the room.  It took me two more tries before I think she got it down.  I am trying to decide if I should call the vet and see if maybe the medicine is making her sick and see if we can change it or try it in some raw meat.  Libby is just not a food motivated dog and if she isn't hungry she has no desire to eat anything, so not like her mom.  She is going to mess around and have to go back to the vet for IV medication.  No way I am going to let this disease kill her but I just might if she doesn't straighten up! I am such a bad dog mom!!




8 comments:

  1. Hmm....I say if you keep to that little bite and no more, I will award you a smiley face with an asterisk. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will leave the smiley-face decisions to you and your conscience. ;)

    Sorry to hear Libby is being so stubborn. My old dog got really good at taking the pill out of ANYTHING and spitting it out. I hope it takes Luna a while to develop that skill.

    Congrats on getting a run in, even though you weren't feeling it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ok, don't hand it to her...I think she is associating the hand treat to pill. in her dish add a peanut butter ball mixed in with some soft dog food and see if she finds it. My dog is skeptical to anything I give her by hand so I quit giving her meds by hand and buried it in her dinner with a special ball of peanutbutter..they are smart little cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Poor doggy! Pictures? That bruise is looking HORRENDOUS! Looking forward to hearing about aerial ballet, that sounds amazing - I wonder if we have it in the UK. I think you deserve a smiley face and lots of positive reinforcement xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I imagine your knee does hurt! I think you can use that not be perfect on your run.....
    Is that really all you ate of that treat?? If so, you should get a smiley face.
    My Sydney hates pills too. I pry open her mouth, stuff it back as far as I can, and clamp her mouth shut until she has to swallow. I guess that makes me a bad dog momma but she is not going to fall for me putting it anything and there is no compromising her health.


    ReplyDelete
  7. whattt?!?!? aerial ballet?! that sounds awesome! Let us know how it goes if you do it!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG that buise lools s painful. Yikes! Take it easy. That ice cream is the awesomest thing I've seen! I love that! Stay off that knee for a while!

    ReplyDelete