Wednesday, February 13, 2013

fat fat fatty

That is how I feel today.  I know I should say that I feel unhealthy but that isn't entirely true.  I just feel FAT.  My weight is up to 116.6 and I can't for the life of me figure out why.  OK, maybe I do have a clue but controlling it is another issue.  I just have this fear that the numbers will just continue to go up until I am right back up towards the 200 mark.  This sucks.  I am pretty sure if I could get my sugar consumption under control I would feel better.

My second shot went ok.  It hurt like hell and the doctor actually apologized twice as I was writhing in pain.  But, the shot and the appointment went really fast and I was in and out of there in 15 minutes.  I don't have the pain like I did after my first shot so it seems to be kicking in.  My knee is bruised up and swollen and sore but I am putting ice on it and propping it up trying to get the inflamation down before I go back for my last shot next Monday. 

I did some cardio yesterday.  Neither one of us wanted to run after work so we made a deal that I would run for 15 minutes and she would ride the recumbent bike for 15 minutes and then we would switch.  It was the funniest thing ever.  WRF is not a biker.  As a matter of fact in the first 3 minutes she was complaining about how hard it was.  I asked her what level she had it set on, thinking it got cranked up and wasn't reset, nope, it was on level 1.  If it wasn't for the fact that WRF is 16 years younger than me and a natural athlete I wouldn't have made fun of her as much as I did, but I got to be better at something for a change, lol.   She is still complaining today about how hard the bike was.  I ended up running 1.15 miles in 30 minutes, a 13.20 pace.  Although I would consider it slow miles now last year I am not sure I could have ran a mile straight at a 13 minute mile.  I biked 3.2 miles in 15 minutes.  My knee feels ok today, a little stiff.

Dennis took Hunter to the vet on Monday to have the growth looked at.  The vet wants it to come off so I will take him in Monday.  I have the day off for President's Day.  It will be a busy one.  I have to get Hunt dropped of, have my last orthovisc shot and get in to my band doctor.  I am not sure if I need a fill or not.  I kind of feel like I need to practice more self control and keep at my current level.  But then again isn't that what I got the damn band for in the first place?  If I get too much of a fill it will be harder to fuel for running.  I will talk it over with Dr. A and see what he has to say.

Not sure that we have anything planned for Valentine's Day.  I am not a big fan of the day.  Thursday's are run days which I don't need to skip but I don't know if WRF will want to run or if she will have plans with her husband.  I really haven't planned on getting Dennis anything and I doubt if he will get me anything.  We are not card people so but  I thought about getting a gift card for dinner so we could both use it at a later date.  That was before we found out we would have a $600 vet bill next week.  Maybe I will go by Papa Murphey's and get a heart shaped pizza for dinner.  I am not going to stress out about it.



4 comments:

  1. heart shaped pizzas rule! Nice workout!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OUCH on the knee, that just freaks me out so bad. Hopefully the last shot won't hurt. I agree with you that some self-control might be important - a fill isn't going to stop increased sugar intake in the form of PB M&Ms... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Far from fat! You are still doing awesome and your numbers will go back down! Have faith and hang in there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Terrie- I understand that the fatty feeling is hard to lose. But you, my friend, are not fat.
    I also can't seem to let the sugar go. I think it is an addiction and I just need to find the strength to go cold turkey. Oh, I dread even saying that.

    ReplyDelete