125.2 this morning. This means I am at my "high" goal!! I have 7 pounds until I hit my low goal (118). I guess I need to start thinking about what I need to do now. Maintenance is a scary word and I am not sure I am ready to face it. I go back to my doctor April 30 and I will talk to him and find out what I need to do next. I know how badly my weight has yo-yoed through the years and I kind of freak out thinking about where I might be in a year, or two, or three....
In the meantime I got into a discussion with Dennis this morning about when I am going to stop trying to lose weight. He thought my pants were way too big. I never thought that would be a possible topic of conversation. The funny thing is, I am not sure I know how NOT to try to lose weight. Does that even make sense? In full disclosure, my size 4 pants are really baggy in the butt. Even though the scale has moved only a little in the last month, my clothes are still getting bigger. There is a thrill there that is hard to explain to someone who doesn't have a weight problem. I am wearing a size 2/4 and I know in my rational brain that is a small size, but I still don't "see" it in myself. I wonder if I will ever see it?
So what will the doctor do once I am at goal? Will he take some of the fluid out so I am able to eat a little more and will stop the gradual weight loss? Will it just kind of taper off eventually? I back in April 30 and I hope I am at my low goal then and can find out what my next step is.
Sorry for the random thought Tuesday post....


I feel your concern. Maintaining the loss is frightening.
ReplyDeleteI plan to have a range where I allow my weight to flucuate. Once it hit the top of the range, I need to take action to get it back down.
You really have done great. I still can't imagine size 4 pants..... some day!
Congrats on your new low!!! Trust me, as someone who is 4.5 years out....2 of those years trying to maintain...I know the fear of maintenance pretty well. I'm very intimate with it! I never knew the secret to not wanting to lose weight! It's a mystery of life! I think I will always struggle with it. But, let me tell you a few things I learned...
ReplyDelete-First, being realistic is important--you might want to pick a healthy spread (maybe 118-125) where you want to stay. It's important to not be too "in love" with the really low number since you will feel defeated if you can't stay there. I know the thrill of seeing "the number"! It is euphoric! Looking back, I think I had a few "unhealthy" looking months where I might have been a little too thin...I used my face as a factor in determining that. But, I am over 50 so age does show up more on me than it will on you!
-It takes awhile to "see" yourself as a thin person. Just keep looking....;-)
-When I got to my goal, I never had my band adjusted either way....you might want to talk to your doctor about that.
-Your band will help you....let it do it's job!
-Stay connected to other banders...it really helps...especially during maintenance!
Onward!
Judi
Yes, maintenance at first was very scary for me. Now? Not so much. You'll get into the swing of things and learn about "what you can get away with". It's a new learning process, but neccesary. I can't spell.
ReplyDeleteLeave the same fill level in your band.
Just add in 100-200 calories per day. That'll keep in you check and at goal.
I'm not at goal yet. Struggling with these last 33 lbs right now, I think all the advice you've gotten so far is very good though and what I plan on doing. I think a range of 5 - 10 lbs and try to remain somewhere in the comfortable middle. As LBG posted earlier this week, your body will continue to change and shift though, she has dropped a whole pant size and only changed by 1 lb. : ) You'll get in the groove, just try not to stress too much if possible.
ReplyDelete