I had a few people check in with me yesterday to make sure I wasn't in the path of the horrible tornado. Moore is about 2 hours away and by the time the storm was close to us it had fallen apart. We are so very lucky. We do have some offices in the area and a soldier we lease a house for, they are all ok.
I am on the disaster relief team at work, so I will probably be deployed at some point to help out in some way. This is by far the most rewarding part of my job. We will have to find some place for them to set up a command center and more than likely get permission from land owners to remove the debris.
In normal news, I had a few breakdowns yesterday. Going home is always hard, not only because my boy isn't there to bark as I come in the door but because it is the time of day that Dex died. Today will be a week. I really hope they send me out on some kind of tornado mission so it won't be on my mind. Today is trash day so Dennis threw out the liver, kidney, ground steak that we were feeding him, that really hurt too.
I broke down and weighed this morning. I am up to 125!!! That is not good. I just can't seem to stop eating. I'm not hungry, just sad and probably subconciously trying to fill a void and that empty feeling I have. I really wish I could get in for a fill earlier than June 3 but I don't have the extra $150 for it anyway.
If the weather cooperates I will go for a run after work. I am sure it won't be pretty.
I am on the disaster relief team at work, so I will probably be deployed at some point to help out in some way. This is by far the most rewarding part of my job. We will have to find some place for them to set up a command center and more than likely get permission from land owners to remove the debris.
In normal news, I had a few breakdowns yesterday. Going home is always hard, not only because my boy isn't there to bark as I come in the door but because it is the time of day that Dex died. Today will be a week. I really hope they send me out on some kind of tornado mission so it won't be on my mind. Today is trash day so Dennis threw out the liver, kidney, ground steak that we were feeding him, that really hurt too.
I broke down and weighed this morning. I am up to 125!!! That is not good. I just can't seem to stop eating. I'm not hungry, just sad and probably subconciously trying to fill a void and that empty feeling I have. I really wish I could get in for a fill earlier than June 3 but I don't have the extra $150 for it anyway.
If the weather cooperates I will go for a run after work. I am sure it won't be pretty.


I'm going to guess a lot of that weight is sodium and water weight. You do need to get in control though, and I think it will help you feel better overall as well. You know what a bad downward spiral it can be.
ReplyDelete*hugs* to you, I am so glad you are safe.
Crazy the pictures I saw of OK...just devastation....I hope you get to get involved..I think that will be good for you. I hear you on coming home..I think I cried everyday I woke up and walked in the door....I'm telling you, you need to start eating better...but its easier said than done...as I am not eating well myself..unlike you I am sick to my stomach and just can't eat
ReplyDelete(((Terrie)))
ReplyDeleteMy dad moved to Oklahoma a few years ago and this was the first time I had to worry about a tornado (other than the time one blew through Salt Lake City). It has been a different situation checking in with him, waiting for him to post to facebook. As relieved as I am that he and his family are okay, my heart just aches for those affected. I think that for you throwing your self into disaster relief will be very cathartic for you. I hope things get a little easier for you as the days pass.
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you are OK and that you may be able to help out with disaster relief.
ReplyDeleteSorry you are still having such a hard time with losing Dexter. It will take a long time! I still cry when I think about losing my old dog. I hope you will be able to find a healthier coping mechanism. Better eating and a little exercise may help you deal with all the emotion.
So gald to hear you are OK. Hugs!
ReplyDelete