Wednesday, December 12, 2012

who took my mojo

So I am running a half marathon on Sunday.  Ask me how much I have ran since the last half marathon about 3 weeks ago....about 3 miles.  I am a slacker.  I know I will get through the run but not so sure how I will feel afterward.  I  am not even making a time goal, just going to run and hope for the best.  I doubt my friend runs it, she told me she didn't have the money and would have to bandit the run but I haven't heard from her since.  No big deal.  I see myself more of a solo distance runner anyway.  Yesterday I kept having to remind myself that the run is this week, not next.  oy.

I took off work yesterday to get some stuff done and fell like I got a lot accomplished.  I saw the oral surgeon and he said everything looks good.  I told him that I have a slight metal taste in my mouth and he said that is normal and I will get used to it.  Um, yea?  I thought he would tell me to come back in a couple of weeks and we would start the second step.  Nope, I don't go back until April!!  I won't get a tooth for probably 6 months!!  I have had family members who got implants and they literally pulled the teeth and set the implants that day.  I am not sure why this is different, although it does seem safer this way in my mind.  Oh, and I can eat whatever I want again so my weight should come up a little.

My work mojo has joined my exercise mojo in the beyond.  I have a lot to do but really just don't care.  I had my performance appraisal on Monday and as I expected it wasn't as good as last year.  I told my supervisor that I am perfectly away of how my performance has been lacking and there is nothing she can say that I wasn't already aware of.  She told me that she is aware that I have had family issues but she expects more out of me next year.  It was painless.  Probably no bonus this year but whatever.  I know I haven't been working at the lead level lately.  I went in knowing all of this was going to happen.  I do have to step up though and start doing better.  I don't want to be demoted back to a lower level, even though I have talked about it some this year just to get rid of some of my stress.  I don't want to make less money.

Speaking of family issues, my mom has chemo today and it is my sisters turn to go up there.  Well she is sick, running a fever, so I told her to skip it this time.  I called my mom and talked to her and asked her if she wanted me to come up at lunch and bring her something.  She said it wasn't necessary and that my dad can go get something.  My dad goes with her every time but he can't sit still and ends up pacing in the lobby instead of sitting back with her.  Since I only have like $8 to my name until payday tomorrow food options are greatly limited.  Anyway, it looks like I might be taking more time off work this afternoon to take her something to eat.  The cancer place isn't that far away but it is located on a medical corridor and the traffic is horrible, then there is the construction.  I usually take half a day off because by the time you get there you might as well stay until she is finished because it takes so long to get in and out. 
I got a massage yesterday from a guy who I swear had had softer hands than any woman I have ever been to.  I am the kind of person that like to feel like I have had a good work out when I leave a massage.  This guy, not so much.  He did do some stretches and made my ankle and knee feel better.  But I want my muscles to be sore the day after and I can't even tell that I had a massage.  Oh well, it was a groupon and you get what you pay for.  I went to a girl for years who I loved, actually had me almost jumping off the table with some of her IT band stuff but I felt so much better afterwards.  But she moved and I have yet to find a replacement.  Back to the Groupon and Living Social drawing board.

Alrighty then, I guess I better get on that work stuff....

1 comment:

  1. Sending some mojo your way....I am feeling the same these days, especially with all the medical stuff!

    ReplyDelete