Monday, December 17, 2012

you think I would learn

The half marathon wasn't quite a personal worse but it was probably in the top three (followed closely by trying to run a half marathon with whooping cough and the time the guy collapsed and died on the race course right in front of me).  But I got my bling!!





There was lots of things that I did wrong that I should have done differently and totally knew better going in, but I didn't and thus sucky finish time.  Oh well, it is done and I met some great people and got to hang out with some old running friends.  The worse day running is better then work, always, and it is what this stuff is all about isn't it?

My ankle is still jacked from a few weeks ago.  I ended up walking/limping pretty much the last 6 miles.  It made me appreciate how great I felt during the last half marathon in November that much more.  I NEVER got tired or felt like I needed to slow down at that one.  It makes you realizes that if you train like you are supposed to and listen to your inner voice about starting slow, leaving some energy "in the tank", and not letting people passing you worry you, you may just surprise yourself.

I am going to the chiropractor at 3:15 to have him work on the ankle and tape it up so maybe I can do a short recovery run tonight.

In weight news, it was way up but that is to be expected after a long run.  It totally doesn' count. 

So totally not related to anything band/weight loss/exercise, do any of you watch Dexter and/or Homeland?  I fell asleep pretty early on in Homeland so I can't wait to get home and watch it.  I am taking off early for the Dr. but I want to take off at noon so I can go home and watch it!!  Dexter, holy crap!!!  I didn't see that coming!  Next season is going to be amazing.

4 comments:

  1. You ran a half marathon- who cares if it wasn't your best time. I am still impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with my BFF on this one! You ran a half marathon chickie!! Be proud of that. No matter how slow you go, you're still lapping everyone on the couch! *heart u*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice job on the run...cool medal..and dang it girl..you finished..more than I could have done~!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the bling! I am addicted to medals! Glad you finished but be careful on that ankle!

    ReplyDelete