Went to the chiropractor yesterday to see what he could do to fix my ankle. Turns out my ankle is fine, so is my knee for that matter. The issue is my foot. Seems as if it is collapsing inward.
This is causing everything else to hurt because of the overcompensation. He taped the hell out of my foot using regular medical tape instead of K-Tape (which is too flexible) and said that it is better than any brace or splint he could put on it. Sure enough my inner foot is pretty immobile and the pain is much more tolerable. I go back in on Friday to have him retape it and see if it is well enough for me to run a few miles on.
I had planned on starting the Barre classes this week but not going to happen just yet since I am suppose to limit the weight I put on my foot. I guess it will wait until next week, since I am off most of next week it will probably work out better anyway.
On a totally unrelated side note, I never put a lot of faith in chiropractors, they tend to make a lot of claim that I don't think they can deliver on. This chiropractor is an elite runner and has told me more than once to go to the ortho and have something checked out. He does a great job with soft tissue and knows his limitations.
OK, back to my regularly scheduled blog.
So looking forward to next week. I have my fingers crossed that they make Monday, Christmas Eve a paid holiday. Who knows with the state of things, but it has been done in the past when Christmas is on a Tuesday. I have the rest of that week off to do nothing and enjoy every minute of it. Dennis is also off but I am sure he is going to be busy working on his new project, a 2006 wrecked Trailblazer that he bought off someone at work...we now have 6 cars for the two of us! No matter what, it will be better than work!!
Hope everyone has a great day!!



Oh man, I hope that helps. Craziness! I'm glad that your chiro is a runner, that makes all the difference. It's so hard to know who to trust with chiros.
ReplyDeleteWow...who would have thunk that a foot could cause so much pain everywhere...hope you heal up quick chickee!
ReplyDeleteI hope you get to feeling better quickly!
ReplyDeleteSo funny, my Hubs would have 15 cars in various stages of renewal if I let him! Glad to know I'm not alone. Good luck with your foot!
ReplyDelete