Friday, December 7, 2012

Come on weekend

I swear by all things holy this day will never end!!  I am so burned out at work it isn't even funny.  But before I vent about work issues I did get in a run yesterday!! 

I have never ran the work neighborhood by myself, my work running friend goes with me, I run with the running club, or I wait until I get home.  Well it is too dark to run after I get home and if I run from work I can change, run, and be home before the running club even starts.  Not to mention the running store is on the other side of town.  I have no clue how far I went, I kept screwing up my Garmin.  I almost freaked out when I looked down and it said I was doing a 39 m/m pace, um, no!!  Ended up cutting the run a little short because it started to get dark and there are some creepy apartments that we run by.  To add to that, my right side was really tight.  Once I got warmed up my right ankle started to hurt.  I probably shouldn't have ran on it but I did.  Maybe 2.5 miles?  Who knows.  Today my ankle is still sore and I catch myself walking on the outside of my foot which will screw up my knee.  I am taking off on Tuesday so if it isn't any better I will call the chiropractor and have him work his magic.  He can tape it up so maybe it won't be as sore for the half marathon next Sunday.  Probably won't be doing any long runs this weekend.

Work is driving me nuts and it really shows in the quality of my work.  There is no excuse for it really, I haven't been screamed at in two weeks.  I think I am just checked out.  I turned in a document today and even proof read it and my supervisor gave it back to me with a bunch of formatting problems.  Since I am a lead I that shouldn't be happening but I just didn't look at the formatting.  The really bad thing is, it is performance appraisal time.  I know I am going to get a do better speech and I just don't want to hear it.  I probably need to start looking for another job but it is so hard when you work for the gov.  I really want to move but not possible with the dogs and the significant other.  Plus having a parent going through chemo.  Maybe I need a B-12 shot?  I do have pernicious anemia which can cause "brain fog".  I will give myself a shot when I get home, or better yet I will go to the walk in clinic and let them give me a shot.  It is worth the $10 they charge not to have to stab myself in the thigh.

I have a lot of things to do this weekend.  I am going with HMF to a holiday market downtown at some point tomorrow but not sure when since she is going to the TU basketball game.  Grocery shopping is a must.  We have no real food in the house and I have eaten out every day for lunch this week.  Thankfully I don't eat a lot for dinner.  Need to make Christmas cards with the pictures I posted yesterday and get them sent out.  Oh, and don't forget Christmas shopping.

Tuesday is my follow up with the oral surgeon.  I turned in for leave all day.  I hope I can get a lot done.  I don't think the dentist is going to actually do anything besides look and see how my mouth is healing and schedule me for the abutment.  Can't wait for that, it is going to look wicked strange.

Ok, enough of my negative rants.  I hope you guys have a great weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Be careful with your knee darlin. That's the last thing you want to injure! Hope work goes better for you soon. I understand work stress for sho!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am in a rut at work too! Don't know what it is...I am looking forward to the 1 1/2 weeks off I have coming up..maybe that will reset me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Definitely be careful with your knee. And I hear you on the work stuff, I feel like I just check out sometimes. Hoping the holidays are a good time to relax and recharge!

    ReplyDelete