Monday, December 10, 2012

Let me tell you about my Port

My port sticks out.  It kind of looks like a golf ball under my skin.  It isn't so bad when I am sitting down and the skin kind of covers it, but when I am standing up and especially when I am laying down, there it is. 



The surgeon said that he put a low profile port in but he was going to check and see if there was something else he could replace it with.  I am not sure I want to undergo all that, plus the expense of having to have it done would be totally cosmetic and I am not sure I want to spend the money for it.  I know I don't want to have to go under anesthesia for it.  I am probably strange (ok I know I am strange) because I can of take comfort in looking down and seeing that little buldge.  When I am nervous I kind of rub on it.  It is a good luck charm that has helped me reach a goal that I would have never reached if not for its help. I am just kind of worried that my mother will see it and freak out because she will think I have a tumor (she doesn't know about the surgery).  I try not to wear anything that would show my stomach when I go to my parents pool.  She is really bad about walking into the dressing room with me at stores so I am careful to turn away from her.  But what if I forget?

I understand that a lot of the problem is that I am down to 108, of course things are going to stick out more than normal. 

So, can you see your port?

4 comments:

  1. alas...I still have too much fluff...but when I am laying down, I can really feel it and if I smooth out the saggy skin I can see it. I am in my 180's so I imagine if I get down to 108..it would stick out. I too have a low profile port....wonder what a normal one would look like === Yikes! You don't seem to have the saggy skin issue I do so you may start to change your mind if they rub on your jeans or cause any discomfort. I wouldn't want to start to get a rash there from rubbing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 108? Dang lady! That's definitely going to affect it. I'm wondering what's up with that HUGE loss from 112. Be careful...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel mine but I have too much fat to see it. I doubt I will ever be 108. You are totally inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. As others have said, I can feel mine no problem, but even laying down it's not showing yet. Though I'm still in the 180s. : )

    ReplyDelete