Thursday, August 30, 2012

TTT - It is Thursday? - and more pictures

For some reason my days have been all screwy this week.  I am pretty sure it is Thursday though so I am going to try to come up with ten random thoughts to bore you with....and some of the pictures I posted to the photo album, the more tame ones that is ;-)

1.  My desk at work pretty much reflects how things are going at work.  I have about 5 huge files strung out all over the place and just when I think I will be able to finalize something, they hit me with something.

2.  One of my team members got a promotion so I will have even more crap to do.  I hope they replace him with someone of equal pay grade so I can assign them some of the more involved actions.  If not I will be stuck with it all.  I'm already working overtime every Saturday.

3.  Yup I have to work this Saturday.  But I am working from home so it could be worse.  And it is just tedious stuff so I can catch up on season 6 of Dexter while I am working.  It will keep me from shopping and spending money.

4.  With my first "big" OT check (I am topped out at my OT rate so I pretty much just make the same on OT as I do if you break my salary down hourly) I am going to buy new running shoes.  I really wanted to go take some for a test drive yesterday, but I knew I would go ahead and buy some so I didn't.

5.  I took off work early yesterday and spent the afternoon with my mom while she was getting her chemo.  It was an interesting place.  Most people are so positive you can't help wanting to fight for/with them.  Others come in, get in the chair with a blanket and go right to sleep.  I brought my Kindle Fire and my mom took it away from me.  I downloaded a game she likes and she played it the 4 hours I was there.  I pretty much interacted with the other patients and read my book on my iPhone.  My dad was there but he gets really bad anxiety in places like that so he can't sit there for more than 5 minutes at a time or so.

6.  My allergies are kicking my butt.  I am on a z-pack for a sinus infection but I can't seem to get my ear to clear out.  It feels like I have water in it.  If it isn't better next week I will call the ENT.  I am not supposed to take decongestants because I have something called Inappropriate Sinus Tachycardia, which makes my heart rate about 50 beats per minute faster than it should be.  My resting heart rate is over 100 and when I run it gets well over 200.  Decongestants make it worse. 

7.  I really want a fill.  I feel like I have no restriction at all even though I have been in the "green" zone for several months.  I kind of feel like I have just learned to eat around the band.  I am still at 114, still wear a size 2 so this might not be the most rational of thoughts, but rational thoughts didn't make me fat in the first place.  I really wish I could talk my doctor into giving me just a small fill.  Maybe I can find a back alley black market band doctor would be willing to give me just a little fluid.  Of course I am just joking, kinda.

8.  Really wish I had some kind of plans this weekend, but I got nothing.

9  Then again, Dennis wants to go on a cruise before the first of the year.  With my mom undergoing chemo I don't feel right having her watch my two senior babies, a 13 year old terrier and my 12 year old lab mix.  They are great dogs and aren't a bit of trouble (if I do say so myself) but her two are monsters and pick on my boys relentlessly.  My other dogs would have to go to boarding and it breaks my heart.  I would rather just stay home then lock them up.  Having someone come to my house isn't an option because I have a dog that is schizophrenic and   I am afraid he would bite someone.

10.  Wow I can't believe I made it this far.  I thought I had nothing to say.  I leave you with pictures.  I apologize if they are a little too risky for you, these are the tamer ones.  Yes, I do have my clothes on in all of them, sorta.









8 comments:

  1. New follower here (found you through a comment on Rockband's blog). I love that you are only sort of kidding about the back alley fill. I take that approach on so many things.

    Your pictures are fantastic! I am so getting some done when I hit goal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My boss told me that she worked with a nurse who got certified to do her own fills and would just do them. Crazy!

    I also think you're crazy for getting them with no numbing. Eek!

    I said it before but I'll say it again - your pics are HOT! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are hot. Just saying.
    Um- size 2 and in the Green Zone does not sound like you need a fill to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, love, love all of the pics! You are smokin hot!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics~ you look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those pics are amazing! You look absolutely fabulous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't know your specifics, (height, etc), but I don't think you need a back alley fill. I'm with Robyn on this one :)

    ReplyDelete