Wednesday, July 11, 2012

the down side of weight loss


OK, this entire post is probably TMI but if you can't share with your bloggy friends, who can you share with?

I have always been a "chesty" girl.  I even had a breast reduction surgery in my early 20's.  Unfortunately, when I gained weight after my 30's they just got big again.  Lately people have been making comments about the girls.  A friend at work asked me if they were saggy.  I told her I hadn't paid much attention to them but I didn't think so.  Then at my last doctor's appointment the nurse asked if I was ready to get the girls revamped...um, no.

Before I had my surgery I was a 36 d or dd depending on the bra.  Around the end of winter I started to wear a 34 C or 32 D but it didn't appear that the girls themselves were any smaller, just my chest itself. 

Last week during my time off I went shopping and saw that Dillard's was having a huge bra sell.  I picked up a few 34 C bras and tried them on.  The cups were too big!!  I looked for a B but they were all sexy demi bras and I am so used to the industrial strength undergarments that they just didn't fell right. 

The next day Dennis and I went to the water park.  I had on my tankini that is pretty low cut and thought I looked pretty darn good.  While we were sitting at the edge of the wave pool just letting the waves wash over us, he looked at me and asked in an honest to goodness question "why is your boob so wrinkly?"  Granted the bathing suit only shows a little side cleavage but enough to see that I didn't fill out the top and that indeed my girls were like medium sized prunes.  It is like someone let the air out of them over night.  Dennis asked me if I was going to go get them "squirted full of silicon now" to which I told him hell no, I have waited for years to not have big 'uns. 

If I ever do have that much needed tummy tuck, I might have them perked up a little but I can honestly say I have no desire to go back and make them big again. 

4 comments:

  1. My boobs have held up pretty good, but I desperately need a tummy tuck. I went to Dillards too during the bug bra sale...I didn't find a thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being a girl with oversized boobs, before and during the fat days, I personally canNOT wait to experience what you describe! I long to have less in the fun bags!

    This is all upside to me!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasn't too big to begin with (D cups), but within 60 days of my surgery looked like raisins. Wait, raisins that had been left on the counter for like 3 weeks. Yeah, that's it. When I lay down in bed, they flop to the sides. Sad, but ya know what. I'll take droppy tatas and healthy any day. Ya know? :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Loving this post on boobies. I have large ones last I had measured E cup .... So I cannot wait to get to a D or DD I'm with Amy.

    ReplyDelete