I know I haven't updated much lately, just enough to get my TTT in. If you have read any of my blogs lately, you should get that I have had a rough couple of weeks.
I will make the short story not so long as I possibly can. One of my friends from work called in sick a couple of weeks ago with stomach problems. She ended up coming to work late and complained about how sick she felt the rest of the day. Believe me, I know how busy she is, but if you are sick...STAY HOME.
So about 2 weeks after my friend came in to work sick I started to get intense stomach pains at work. I ate a half a protein bar for breakfast but it was about noon when I start to get sick and I was doubled over in pain. I ended up taking a few hours off and going home to lay down.
Sit down folks, here is the kicker....
When I got to work the next day my normally cool boss (direct supervisor as opposed to big boss asshat) called me into her office and just kind of gave me a do better speech about stuff I had no control over. OK I am a team leader, I know I have to take my hits every now and again, whatever. As I was getting ready to leave her office she made the comment that she couldn't afford for me to take off work every time I ate something that interfered with my band and I just really had to be more careful!! Seriously!!! Even if it was my band that made me sick, I don't go home or call in sick very often and it is no ones business WTF??!!
I was so freaking mad I almost started screaming and crying in her office but I just got up and walked off. I came this close to going straight to our EEO office but for one I don't trust them not to gossip (sad but true) and two I don't want to make things awkward since this boss is going to retire at the end of the year. Just suck it up.
The thing is I have been pretty close to this boss until here recently. In the past few months she has been ubber critical of every move I have made.
I have only told 5 people at work about my surgery, one that just recently had the surgery so I could help support her, another that had gastric bypass several years ago that has helped me. Both of these people told me that they highly suspect that this boss is jealous about the fact that I am in a size two and she is having to work her ass off to stay in a 10 for the first time in her life.
The fact is, it doesn't matter why she is treating me differently, she just needs to cut the shit out or we will be sitting down with a mediator and talking about this. Retiring at the end of the year or not.
I can go on for hours about this but I will just shut up now.


WOW. Yeah, no, not ok - NOT OK AT ALL! I'm glad you're going to be out from under that boss soon.
ReplyDeleteI work with nurses, and two have had gastric bypass so it's pretty much a non-issue. I do get tired of this one lady in my office constantly questioning me about my weight loss though.
That is BS. I would like to say I would have said something... but I usually am chicken in person.
ReplyDeleteAs far as your pain... do you still have your gallbladder? I know the only pain that EVER made me double over was my gallbladder... which I am glad to say is now in a medical wastebin somewhere.
oh.my.god. I would have ripped her face off. Wait, I would have ripped it off, thrown it to the floor, and then stepped on it. I'm so sorry that happened, but I assure you that you handled it MUCH better than I would have!
ReplyDelete