Monday, May 7, 2012

in a funk

I feel so lazy and blah.  I didn't work out once last week, nor did I pay attention to anything that went into my mouth.  I complain because I am only 4 pounds from my goal yet I am not doing anything to get there.

I haven't ran at all since last Sunday.  I swore I was going to at least go to the gym and ride the bike but did I?  Nope.  I am not sure why I am so lazy lately.

I swore to myself that I would stop drinking root beer (the one and only soda I can drink without pain) but I stopped and got a root beer on my way to work like it was second nature. 

Over the weekend I ate chips and salsa, chips with queso, root beer, sno cones.  I was going to grill burgers for dinner but my fridge was messing up and the meat was bad so I went and got fast food burgers and fries (granted I only ate a few fries and about a third of the burger, but still). 

This, in the past, iswhat caused me to backslide.  I don't look like the goodyear blimp anymore so I should be able to take it easy a little.  NO, NO, NO!!

The Joplin half marathon is May 19 and I have to continue to train a little if I want to make the cut off.  Which is another thing, I am kicking myself for how slow I am and feel like it is a waste of time to train since I am not getting any faster. 

I really need to get out of my own head.

Plan for tonight is aquajogging since I finally bought a bathing suit.  I don't have anyone to go with so I can see myself trying to make excuses to get out of it.  NO EXCUSES.

UGH, I hate this feeling.

1 comment:

  1. You just ran a half last weekend and need to start training for the next. Pick your day to start training and give yourself a little acceptance for the few days off. One week off is not going to make or break you; just don't let it continue.
    So what if you are slow- you are out there running and I am super impressed!!

    ReplyDelete