Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Work out Wednesday

I hate spring.  My allergies are in full force complete with a headache so bad I swear my ears are going to bleed.  I am not going to use this as an excuse to not work out though.  I am meeting a friend at the pool for some aqua jogging tonight!!  I ordered a belt but it won't get here until tomorrow, so I will have to use a borrowed one from the gym.  This isn't a class, just me and her doing our own thing.  I haven't talked to her in a long time so it should be lots of fun.  She is a really smart, funny, physically fit dynamo so she should get be me good an motivated.  She is starting her serious training for desert rats, which is a 150 mile 7 day race across the deserts of Utah.  She and her husband spend a lot of their free time sitting in a sauna to prepare.  I have some crazy friends.

I am trying to decide if I should take tomorrow off.  I found out yesterday that Dennis is off tomorrow.  I am going to give blood; which will give me 4 hours of leave, but since it is his 50th birthday maybe I should just take all day?  Then again I would have to take 8 hours of my leave if I did. I would get admin leave if I do the blood donation and I doesn't come out of my leave balance. 

Still don't have a fridge.  Dennis is such a; hum, how do I say this, cheapskate, that he is trying to find a used one instead of just going out to buy one.  My boss has one she is selling for $400 but I can buy one new for $1,000.  No clue how long this is going to last but obviously eating out is our only option.  Last year at this time I would be over the moon about this.  Now it just kills me to have to spend money on food that I will hardly eat.  I can't even take the leftovers home for later.  Last night Dennis brough pizza home.  I ate one piece and the toppings off another.  My weight was back up the .4 pounds I was down the day before.  Of course it could be mucas from my damn allergies too (sorry for the visual). 

Speaking of pizza, it is lunch time.  I need to go pick up my race packet for the 5K Saturday and will have to either run into the grocery store and get some stuff for the office fridge (gross) or get fast(ish) food.  This is getting really old really fast.

1 comment:

  1. Great luck on the 5K!! Keep us posted.
    Sorry about the fridge, I know the pain of spending the money on eating out and feeling like it's wasted money. :(

    ReplyDelete