Tuesday, May 8, 2012

breaking out of my shell

Even though I didn't have anyone hold my hand, I went to aqua jogging last night.  All by myself!  Normally I would have put it off until I talked someone into going with me the first time.  I have been before but it has been several years even then I went with my sister.  I hate going to exercise classes by myself I am sure it stems from being overweight and thinking that everyone is looking at you.  But, I had fun.  It is a good workout and I burned 450 calories "playing" in the water.  I even bought a jogging belt off the big internet retailer.  This will get me through the 150 degree summer.  I can totally see how it can help build your endurance.

I was rewarded with a .4 loss on the scale today.  Still in the 122 range but it is .4 lower.

Still haven't figured out what to get Dennis for his birthday Thursday.  I am giving blood at work that day so I get 4 hours off.  I hate giving blood but I hate working even more ;-) .  When I am finished with that I am going to go pick up cupcakes at a place I got a groupon at and take them to him at work.  I really don't want them in my house.  Other then that I have no clue.

I am sure he won't want me to spend money on him because our refrigerator went out 2 days ago and that has to be replaced and our dog Hunter is going to have to have surgery to have a tumor removed (just a fatty tumor but he is almost 12).  Oh, and I need a new laptop because two of the keys fell off the keyboard and it makes a noise like someone is holding down a key.  Annoying much!!  I have a netbook but it has very limited memory and I can't use it for itunes or microsoft office. 

Hum, I just need a nap......

1 comment:

  1. Aqua jogging sounds like my kinda exercise...I love the water!!

    My baby has a fatty tumor too (she is 13) but the vet doesn't want to operate because she has really bad seizures. I wish your baby the best with the operation!

    ReplyDelete