Monday, January 13, 2025

Snow Day!!!

 We got 5 glorious inches of snow!  It is a really pretty snow too!  I can't wait to take Bai for a walk in it later.  It really makes me miss Libby and Cookie.  They would have refused to come inside.  I miss those girls so much.



I am slowly trying to get back into the work routine but AP isn't making it easy.  We had a meeting on Tuesday where she told us we need to watch the weather and if it looks like we may get snow towards the end of the week we need to plan on coming into the office early in the week so we can make sure and get our 2 days in.  Yeah, that ain't happening.  If the Col hadn't sent out an email calling for max telework today she would have expected us to be there.  Just nope.  She always tries to come in hot and heavy in the new year until she realizes she can't break me.  The one co-worker I get along with has been doing a temp assignment for several months and came back this week.  I had her come with me to an onsite visit to the zoo to meet with the even staff and make sure we have a plan for pepper spray training and stuff.  We got the chance to catch up, that was nice.  We went to our favorite place for lunch and had a decent time.  Her husband works with the corps too and he came over to talk to her and I was mouthing, they were all worried that she could hear me.  I told them it was cute how they think I care.  I am signed up for a retirement seminar in April.  I ran some numbers and it might be possible for me to retire in 5 years with 70% of my income, it depends on what the next few years bring.   

Since we are pseudo military they have an EO that gave us the option to take an hour 2 or 3 times a week to workout.  It is a pain in the ass but it would give me an hour of excused reason to be away from my desk.  We have a decent 'gym' and a room that is locked with a keypad.  I haven't used it since we came back from COVID because gyms gave me the ick.  I need to look up the EO and see the details because there is a limit on how many hours you can take a year.  I am trying to decided if I want to just try and find a program on my own or get a virtual trainer.  I am literally throwing money and time away but not using this.  I just need to come up with a game plan.  I guess I could just go take a nap in the locked room, lol.

I somehow managed to lose my cell phone.  I looked everywhere but no clue.  Of course the battery died so I couldn't ping it.  I ordered an insurance replacement and got a notification that there is a weather delay on delivery and they couldn't give me an estimate.  I finally had enough and went to the store yesterday and just got a replacement.  My friend that works there put me in an Iphone 16 and it is so much different.  There is a separate button for the camera.  It is going to take a lot of getting used to.  

When I found out what day we were going to be off for the day of mourning I invited my sisters, Heather and my mom to meet up ad my favorite hole in the wall iconic diner.  Neither of my sisters had been but Heather and I love this place.  It is a buffeteria so they have a very limited menu and you go through and tell them what you want, Furr's and Luby's style.  They have the best chicken fried steak in the state (imo) but I only eat there like once a year, usually when Heather is in town.  They are only open during the week until 2 so that saves me from gaining 100 pounds.  The mac and cheese is always good but I swear this time it was even better. Barbie even got some to take home with her.  SOOO GOOD.  This place has been around for decades so I have no clue how they had never been.  It started snowing when we got there so maybe the comfort food hit better?

I haven't heard anything about an LA mission.  Jason would get first dibs but if we have to fly, which I am pretty certain we would have to, he won't go.  

Eating out has been much better lately.  I got a new air fryer and it works so much better than my old one.  I am impressed so far.  I have made several thing in it that I wouldn't have made in my old one because it just didn't heat evenly.

Today is dance but I just can't seem to get the motivation together to go.  I always have fun and swear I am going to go back regularly when I do go but for some reason I just can't seem to get my ass in gear to actually get out of the house.  I am already making excuses to not go tonight.  I told myself when they changed the time to 6 I would go more regularly.  Leaving my house is just not something I aspire to do.



2 comments:

  1. Oh and snow is the one thing I miss here because we get next to none of it. Bah, humbug! It was the nicest thing about going on ski club trips but since I ain't skiing right now that seems like a waste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would go into the locked room to read a book.😆

    May be time for an OK road trip to visit the buffeteria with you!🛣️

    ReplyDelete