I suffered through the gym last night!! Small victory but one I will take it. I was definitely on the struggle bus and my heart rate was out of control HRM shows that most of the workout was in the red zone with max HR at 194. I forgot to take the monitor off after my workout so it shows I burned 978 calories for 1 hour and 44 minutes of effort and with that it was still 77% overall effort. My trainer told me to slow down several times towards the end. The trend has been to do timed sets instead of a set number so I can vary the effort based on how I feel.
Last night we did:
30 seconds and 3 sets
one leg step up with kettle bell in opposite hand - leg stayed on the box. 30 sec for each leg
battle rope - wide circles
slider lunges - 30 seconds each leg
suitcase carry to end of gym, switch arm and return
squat press with 8 pound weights
upright row (20 pounds. I probably could have increased the weight if we could have found the 5 pound weight for the press)
2 sets
scissor kicks
plank step out
I feel really bad for my workout partner since I am still doing small groups. I really felt like I was holding her back. I didn't feel strong at any point in the workout and felt like I was kind of going through the motions, kind of light headed and struggling with form. I am just really glad that my anxiety let me leave the house without any major issues and without thinking of a thousand excuses to quit. Showing up is the hardest part some days. There were a few times, especially during the lunges that I just felt very unstable.
I may contact my trainer to see about doing some one on one training for a few weeks until I get stuff sorted out.
Work is horrible right now. The lead we have in for the next few weeks is a controlling micro manger, which doesn't bode well for our type of job. It is stressing everyone out to the point that one of our planners is setting up a tdy to be out as much as possible. The job announcement closed last week and I really hope they don't give it to her. It would really make our lives more difficult than they need to be.
I sent a text to my little sister yesterday asking her if she wanted to go to a fund raiser with me next weekend. She sent me a text back around 11 last night, which normally wouldn't wake me up but for some reason did, she said she lost her job yesterday so she really didn't feel like doing anything like that. So along with all the other issues she has had over the last year she has that to deal with. I literally thought I was going to throw up when she told me.
With all of this being said, I fell a little better today, a little more clear headed and the vertigo is better but the focus is not there at all. I still feel oddly emotional. Maybe I will see what the therapist's schedule looks like since he has it online, I mean it can't hurt.
I didn't weigh this morning but my weight has been up a little lately, only a pound or so. I am thinking it has to be water retention from the lack of fluids and the heat. I am just now getting to wear it feels somewhat normal to swallow.
I don't know if I ever said anything about the medication I have been taking, Saxenda. It seems like with most things that work in this country the manufacturer and the insurance companies are making it increasingly harder and more expensive to get. Insurance wasn't covering it but I had a savings card that made the medication $30.00 a week (I had to get one pen, a weeks worth, filled at a time). Apparently there is a limit of 12 refills on the savings card regardless of how many pens you get. Without the card the medication is roughly $1200 a month. My doctor switched me to another medication, that is exactly the same but with lower max dosage, which I was taking anyway since I had hit my goal weight. This is marketed towards diabetes and not weight loss so for now insurance is covering it. I'm not sure how long that will last. There are some Canadian pharmacies that will ship if it comes to it at $500 for 5 pens (a month at full dose). It is ridiculous. I talked my doctor into upping the prescribed dose so I could have some pens saved up just in case. With the biopsy last week I just started back on it yesterday.
OK it's time to get busy... no puppy pictures today.
Last night we did:
30 seconds and 3 sets
one leg step up with kettle bell in opposite hand - leg stayed on the box. 30 sec for each leg
battle rope - wide circles
slider lunges - 30 seconds each leg
suitcase carry to end of gym, switch arm and return
squat press with 8 pound weights
upright row (20 pounds. I probably could have increased the weight if we could have found the 5 pound weight for the press)
2 sets
scissor kicks
plank step out
I feel really bad for my workout partner since I am still doing small groups. I really felt like I was holding her back. I didn't feel strong at any point in the workout and felt like I was kind of going through the motions, kind of light headed and struggling with form. I am just really glad that my anxiety let me leave the house without any major issues and without thinking of a thousand excuses to quit. Showing up is the hardest part some days. There were a few times, especially during the lunges that I just felt very unstable.
I may contact my trainer to see about doing some one on one training for a few weeks until I get stuff sorted out.
Work is horrible right now. The lead we have in for the next few weeks is a controlling micro manger, which doesn't bode well for our type of job. It is stressing everyone out to the point that one of our planners is setting up a tdy to be out as much as possible. The job announcement closed last week and I really hope they don't give it to her. It would really make our lives more difficult than they need to be.
I sent a text to my little sister yesterday asking her if she wanted to go to a fund raiser with me next weekend. She sent me a text back around 11 last night, which normally wouldn't wake me up but for some reason did, she said she lost her job yesterday so she really didn't feel like doing anything like that. So along with all the other issues she has had over the last year she has that to deal with. I literally thought I was going to throw up when she told me.
With all of this being said, I fell a little better today, a little more clear headed and the vertigo is better but the focus is not there at all. I still feel oddly emotional. Maybe I will see what the therapist's schedule looks like since he has it online, I mean it can't hurt.
I didn't weigh this morning but my weight has been up a little lately, only a pound or so. I am thinking it has to be water retention from the lack of fluids and the heat. I am just now getting to wear it feels somewhat normal to swallow.
I don't know if I ever said anything about the medication I have been taking, Saxenda. It seems like with most things that work in this country the manufacturer and the insurance companies are making it increasingly harder and more expensive to get. Insurance wasn't covering it but I had a savings card that made the medication $30.00 a week (I had to get one pen, a weeks worth, filled at a time). Apparently there is a limit of 12 refills on the savings card regardless of how many pens you get. Without the card the medication is roughly $1200 a month. My doctor switched me to another medication, that is exactly the same but with lower max dosage, which I was taking anyway since I had hit my goal weight. This is marketed towards diabetes and not weight loss so for now insurance is covering it. I'm not sure how long that will last. There are some Canadian pharmacies that will ship if it comes to it at $500 for 5 pens (a month at full dose). It is ridiculous. I talked my doctor into upping the prescribed dose so I could have some pens saved up just in case. With the biopsy last week I just started back on it yesterday.
OK it's time to get busy... no puppy pictures today.


No comments:
Post a Comment