Tuesday, January 22, 2019

back to the gym

We did a body composition update at the gym.  My weight was down to 133 and some change, body fat still around 40%ish.  It said I needed to lose 30 pounds of fat and gain 12 pounds of muscle.  Yeah, easier said than done.  I need to go back to the doctor and find out what kind of strategy they have for maintenance with this medication. 

My motivation is nonexistent right now. Not just for fitn18ess, in every aspect of my life.  I have to force myself to work even.  Not sure what that is all about.  I have stuff to do, I just can't seem to focus.  Luckily, my appetite is also nonexistent.  

I went to the gym for the first time in 2 weeks today.  I am going to try and join in on a couple of small group training classes a couple of times a week.  It is a lot less expensive and with the lack of motivation having someone there might help.  It's worth a try.  Initially I spoke to PT about an 8 week program they have starting in February. None of the times work out.  Most meet on Monday nights and we started puppy classes on Monday.  The ones that don't meet on Monday are during the day.  They normally have a lot more choices.  I think they changed management and they cut the trainers way back on these special events.  At any rate the program is $350 but if I can't do 3 times a week it is cheaper to go the group training.  Plus, my trainer is holding one of the sessions in the middle of our scheduled time.  It might work out better if I change it to evening anyway.  There are a lot of variables working around lunch on my telework day.

So anyway, today's workout:
4 sets of...
20 leg press with 65 pounds
20 air squats

4 sets
12 dumbbell bench press with 7.5
10 trx fly
10 roman chair leg lifts.

The session was a little short since we did the inbody and talked about training.  It was fine though because I was beat after being out for awhile.

Puppy is getting so big.  He is up to 22 pounds now!! We had an unfortunate post bath zoomie accident where he sprained his little wrist.  He is on an anti-inflammatory and a little something to make him sleepy.  It's so sad, he will let out little yelps in his sleep and it just melts your heart.  He is doing a lot better today.  Crating him is a challenge because he digs at the gate with his front paws so I just drugged him up and left him while I went to the gym.  The house is still standing and I didn't see any blood so I guess it worked out ok.  We were supposed to try out a new day care today (he had to do a temperament test) but I cancelled.  I will take him back to the other place tomorrow.  This week not having him play with other dogs is probably a good thing.  We will try the new place next week.  I hate leaving that little face. 


OK, I need to finish up what I have started and get a shower.  It is hard to do anything when you have a sleeping puppy on your lap.



2 comments:

  1. Could you transfer some of that 'no appetite' to me?
    Please and thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take gym body composition tests with a big grain of salt! Seriously, -30 fat and +12 muscle sounds like a full-time commitment to me.

    Love the puppy ears!

    ReplyDelete