Wednesday, June 19, 2013

To join or not to join

Last nights TM run really kicked my ass.  I was about half way through a 30 minute run when I just wanted to give up, my feet hurt, my shins hurt, I was just worn out.  I dialed the speed down from 5.6 to 5.5 and took it one minute at a time.  I didn't think I would make it through, but I did.  Could this be because of poor food choices, probably.  I really need to clean up my diet.

As I was leaving the gym, the girl at the front desk called me over and told me that my membership expired in March.  I have been going to the gym for 2 weeks now and she is the first one to say anything, lol.  Now I have to decide if I want to renew right now.  The membership is $25 a month but you have to sign a contract and with me being furloughed it is $25 I might not have.  I could get up at the but crack of dawn and run outside before work, but I am not a morning person.  I could also take my chances that one of the TMs in the workout room at work won't be busy when I get off.  I know I will join again but I'm just not sure if now is the right time.

Tonight is the first visit with the counselor.  I am super anxious about that.  I have no idea what to expect. 

I may not get all of my exercise in this week.  I am supposed to work OT again this week but since I have my appointment right after work I really can't do it today.  Tomorrow is supposed to be my run day but I will probably have to work.  Friday I am giving blood and getting my colorful streaks redone (yay turquoise!!) I can't really work out after giving blood, I will probably walk between the blood donation and the hair appointment though - we get 4 hours admin leave for blood donation, the only good thing about gaining weight is I weigh enough to donate again.  My plan is to do my longish 4 mile run on Sunday. 

be back later

5 comments:

  1. I hope your visit with the counselor goes well and gives you some comfort.

    I can't wait to get back on the TM but I know it's probably going to feel the same way for me - just getting through minute by minute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope your visit with the counselor goes well :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean about the TM run, I felt the same way today - I only ran for 30 mins then started my cooldown. Normally I can do 5K plus cool down. My speed is significantly slower than yours to begin with...good job keeping at it, even one minute at a time. /hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope your counselor rocks! sometimes I am sluggish and its either my diet or I am just tired and not enough quality sleep....hey walking always works and is better than nothing on those days!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Membership contracts drive me nuts. I've been thinking about 24 hour fitness since they don't require contracts. I hope all goes well with the counselor. Remember to breathe!

    ReplyDelete