I had an amazing weekend. The Lion King was breathtaking, I had a blast at the TT crit races, and even the company picnic was tolerable.
Friday was the picnic. The weather was perfect, just barely 80 degrees. It is so funny, we leave the office where we complain about everyone we work with just to go to a park and sit in lawn chairs with the same people. Almost as bad as a junior high dance. When I first started working for the Corps I was the young one and almost everyone had younger kids, I have been here 18 years and the "old" people are leaving, their kids grown. I am one of the "old" people now. There were so many young families around. Circle of life I tell ya
As soon as our new boss left our tent area I left to head home and get ready for Tulsa Tough bike races. I signed up to volunteer with race registration at 5 and by the time I got home, changed, let the dogs out for a little while, and grabbed a quick snack, I was running late. I walked out the door and the lady that lives next door to me intercepts my escape. She went into detail about how her cat had to be put to sleep and to tell me how much she missed Dexter. When I finally got away from her I had to go back inside and fix my makeup because I had cried off the first layer So, on my way downtown I had to stop for gas and had a little binge on chocolate chip cookies and root beer.
I had fun volunteering with my friend Chris and his boyfriend Joey. The comments they made about the guys in spandex had me crying from laughing which was long overdue. We had plenty of time to make sarcastic comments about the couple we volunteered with last year that made me swear I would never volunteer for TT again. They were back of course working payouts just like last year. I just tried to stay the f*ck away from them. My volunteer shift was over just in time to watch the last and most exciting race. It was a great one too with a last minute break away for the win. For the first time in 8 years the same guy took first all three days. It was pretty spectacular to watch. There were a few really bad accidents but nothing serious. Sunday one of the pro women blew a tire coming down the hill and was hurt pretty badly but I haven't heard for sure what the diagnosis was. They were pretty sure she had fractured at least on of her clavicles. I wasn't there to see it live but saw some of it on the live feed and it looked like it could have been a lot worse. She is lucky.

this was the last lap in the men's pro race. It is so cool to hear the bikes go by at 30+ miles and hour.
Sunday was Lion King!! It was so much fun. I was too tired from being out in the sun the last two days to be really excited but that changed as soon as the show started. Goosebumps I tell ya.

I don't think Dennis was too happy that I made him go with me, as you can see. He said he loved it and would go back when it plays again. The only not so great thing about the show was our seats. We had front row seats. Not always the best seats to have at a show but I would rather be there than the balcony. We were on an aisle seat so the parade of animals came right by us. The people in the show looked so happy. I know it is feel good disney show but the smiles they had on their faces were real, not your typical stage smile. You couldn't help but be happy with them.
My plan is to go to the gym tonight and run on the treadmill, just 30 minutes with the galloway app. I plan to get home and change and head to the gym without sitting down and giving myself a chance to get all caught up in my mind. I need to work some OT but I will work an hour longer on Tuesday, Thursday and maybe Friday to make up for not working two hours on my run nights. I just need to get back out there and do it. I am never going to start getting though this black hole of depression without some exercise. If I can find my one piece bathing suit I might go to aqua jogging (the class is at Oral Roberts University pool, no two pieces allowed). I really like that class and I bet I could talk HMF into going with me.
Somehow, despite my binge over the weekend I was 119.8 this morning. I really don't deserve that weight after the junk but I will take it regardless.
Friday was the picnic. The weather was perfect, just barely 80 degrees. It is so funny, we leave the office where we complain about everyone we work with just to go to a park and sit in lawn chairs with the same people. Almost as bad as a junior high dance. When I first started working for the Corps I was the young one and almost everyone had younger kids, I have been here 18 years and the "old" people are leaving, their kids grown. I am one of the "old" people now. There were so many young families around. Circle of life I tell ya
As soon as our new boss left our tent area I left to head home and get ready for Tulsa Tough bike races. I signed up to volunteer with race registration at 5 and by the time I got home, changed, let the dogs out for a little while, and grabbed a quick snack, I was running late. I walked out the door and the lady that lives next door to me intercepts my escape. She went into detail about how her cat had to be put to sleep and to tell me how much she missed Dexter. When I finally got away from her I had to go back inside and fix my makeup because I had cried off the first layer So, on my way downtown I had to stop for gas and had a little binge on chocolate chip cookies and root beer.
I had fun volunteering with my friend Chris and his boyfriend Joey. The comments they made about the guys in spandex had me crying from laughing which was long overdue. We had plenty of time to make sarcastic comments about the couple we volunteered with last year that made me swear I would never volunteer for TT again. They were back of course working payouts just like last year. I just tried to stay the f*ck away from them. My volunteer shift was over just in time to watch the last and most exciting race. It was a great one too with a last minute break away for the win. For the first time in 8 years the same guy took first all three days. It was pretty spectacular to watch. There were a few really bad accidents but nothing serious. Sunday one of the pro women blew a tire coming down the hill and was hurt pretty badly but I haven't heard for sure what the diagnosis was. They were pretty sure she had fractured at least on of her clavicles. I wasn't there to see it live but saw some of it on the live feed and it looked like it could have been a lot worse. She is lucky.

this was the last lap in the men's pro race. It is so cool to hear the bikes go by at 30+ miles and hour.
Sunday was Lion King!! It was so much fun. I was too tired from being out in the sun the last two days to be really excited but that changed as soon as the show started. Goosebumps I tell ya.

I don't think Dennis was too happy that I made him go with me, as you can see. He said he loved it and would go back when it plays again. The only not so great thing about the show was our seats. We had front row seats. Not always the best seats to have at a show but I would rather be there than the balcony. We were on an aisle seat so the parade of animals came right by us. The people in the show looked so happy. I know it is feel good disney show but the smiles they had on their faces were real, not your typical stage smile. You couldn't help but be happy with them.
My plan is to go to the gym tonight and run on the treadmill, just 30 minutes with the galloway app. I plan to get home and change and head to the gym without sitting down and giving myself a chance to get all caught up in my mind. I need to work some OT but I will work an hour longer on Tuesday, Thursday and maybe Friday to make up for not working two hours on my run nights. I just need to get back out there and do it. I am never going to start getting though this black hole of depression without some exercise. If I can find my one piece bathing suit I might go to aqua jogging (the class is at Oral Roberts University pool, no two pieces allowed). I really like that class and I bet I could talk HMF into going with me.
Somehow, despite my binge over the weekend I was 119.8 this morning. I really don't deserve that weight after the junk but I will take it regardless.


Sounds like you had a fabulous weekend! I'm totally jealous of your Lion King show!
ReplyDeleteLion King was one of my favorite live shows, the cast just exudes joy! The only thing that cracked me up was when we saw it, the actor playing Simba had the weakest/worst "ROAR!" and we just died laughing at how sad it was. LOL
ReplyDeleteGlad things are looking UP!