Thursday, January 19, 2012

The morning after

Last night we had dinner with the my family.  This is a big deal because my younger and older sister haven't spoken in like 5 years over a stupid fight.  The fight didn't even include my sisters, it was a fight at a party where my younger sister's husband was drunk (and believe me, he an obnoxious drunk) and someone else at the party punched him in the face.  I am so sure he deserved it.  The grudge is over the fact that the guy that punched him works for my older sister's BIL and they didn't fire him.  Childish crap. 

At any rate the dinner was fine, not really that awkward.  My younger sister was unusually quiet but the restaurant was loud so it wasn't noticed that much.  I thought my mom was going to have a heart attack she was so thrilled we were all in the same room again. 

While I am on the topic of my mother, I honestly think she is the reason I had lap band surgery.  I watch her and I see what my future would have been.  She literally ate at least half of a bowl of spinach artichoke dip and chips.  I figure it was at least 2,500 calories before she even got her dinner; which was fried catfish, and she ate most of that.  She has lost a lot of weight since my dad retired and can watch over her some, but she is still obese and happy with that.  She is also on medication for her blood sugar but since her blood sugars are normal with the medication, she eats whatever she wants.  She is killing herself with food.  That will not be me.

Still no exercise.  I still have a little wheezy thing going on.  I used my inhaler yesterday at work and I thought I was going to climb the freaking walls!!  I hate how they make me feel and I only did two puffs instead of the four I am supposed to do!!  Maybe it will help me run faster?!?!  I am looking forward to being able to run on Saturday.

Since I can't exercise I don't have a lot to talk about...not sure if I will be doing the Dallas RNR half.  My friend that lives North of Dallas that I was going to hang with is kind of blowing me off.  It is an expensive race and I don't want to be left hanging.  I can always do the Joplin Memorial Half in May, that will qualify me for half fanatics.  The only problem with Joplin is, it is an out and back and I hate those.  I am so slow I get to see just how far in the back I am.  Heck I may do it anyway even if I do the Dallas RNR since it is for such a good cause (tornado relief).  Then again, my friend Sandra; the one who is going to Austin with me, would do the Dallas run with me.  Heck, I don't know what I am going to do.  At this point I am looking at all of these and seeing dollar signs.  This running habit is expensive.





1 comment:

  1. Good for you for not walking down the same path as your Mom. My Mom is the very reason why I do what I do to stay healthy. Good on ya! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete