Wednesday, December 28, 2011

to fill or not to fill

I have an appointment to see the band doctor today at 2:30.  I can't for the life of me remember what I weighed when I went in last time but I am pretty sure it was around 149; today I am at 142.  I have been stuck at that number for almost a week and it is driving me crazy. 

So, do I fill or not?  I am training for Little Rock Half marathon March 6, OKC half marathon April 29, and Flying Pig May 6.  I need to be able to fuel my body.  However, I have been sucking down Gu before I run and it is doing the trick.  I guess it really isn't up to me anyway, it is in Dr. Atkins hands.

We are trying to decide what we are going to do for New Years.  If we do anything I will run in a 5K called Race in the New Year.  It starts at 11:45 and lets you literally run in the new year with fireworks and two champaign stops (I'll pass this year).  Dennis won't run it but there is a huge tent at the start finish and he will hang out until I finish and then we will hang out with our running friends.  We didn't do it last year because I was in the I'm fat and can't run funk but the two years before that we went and had fun even though it was like 9 degrees.  This year is supposed to have highs in the 60's, lows around 40.  Can't get much better then that.  But I am not a night person and sleeping sounds kind of good too.  I have a 6 or 7 miler scheduled Saturday morning.  I probably won't decide until that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment