I have a grade 2 hamstring strain. To be honest I didn't go to the orthopedic doctor because I knew they would put me on crutches ( I had a stress fracture in my knee three years ago and was on crutches for three months. Don't care to repeat that). My chiropractor is an amazing athlete who I have lots of faith in when it comes to sports injuries; he did acupuncture on it and taped me up with k-tape. I go back Thursday so he can look at it and retape it. No exercise that puts any strain on my hamstring, heck standing up and setting down hurts. At first he told me I could bike but he changed his mind after he saw how bad it was and doesn't want me to rupture it. Almost worth it though because Dr. Z told me he could really tell I was firming up and looking really good. He asked me if I had a lot of people telling me because it was really noticeable. I heart Dr. Z, lol
It was really kind of funny this weekend when I helped run an aid station at a 50K, 100K, and 100 mile run. These poor guys and girls that had ran 95 miles would come up to the aid station and I would yell out in pain standing up from my comfy chair. In my defense I did stay awake over 30 hours tending to my station. Some of those guys are nuts. One guy was doing his 3rd 100 mile run in 4 weeks; I talked to him a few minutes and he had gastric bypass and had lost over 100 pounds. If that isn't motivating I don't know what is. I can honestly say that I will never run 100 miles though, no desire whatsoever!!
My personal trainer is about to get fired I think. My leg has been hurting for over a week. I went him a text on my Tuesday workout and told him that I was hurt and he would have to go easy on me. He promised he would. We foam rolled my leg and he had me do a lot of upper body circuits, but there were still some things that hurt my leg that he had me push through. The second part of the workout he had me running with weights in my hand and running stairs with a medicine ball. I sent him a text today and told him I had to take a week off and he sent me a text back telling me I needed to come in anyway and do upper body. I told him that I am not going to fall for that again and I wasn't going to have him push me through things that could rupture my hamstring since he obviously didn't understand how bad it was. I sent him a message later with a picture of my taped up leg and he told me that I still needed to come in and work out with him and do upper body. I told him I would do it on my own. He didn't reply. The more I think about it the more pissed off I get that he had me doing leg lifts and running stairs when he saw how much pain I am in. I would tell the manager but he IS the manager. I have a feeling he is putting a lot of pressure on me because I am losing quickly and my body is really firming up and he wants people to see me and think it is all him. I have 6 or 7 sessions left and I am not going to buy more sessions. I know weight training is important but I am ready to start focusing on running.
I got new running shoes today before I found out I couldn't even walk :( On top of that the weather is going to be amazing this week :( :(
Back to work and the real world tomorrow. Maybe I can get some rest....


Sorry to hear about your injury! I have worked with a personal trainer for over two years now and he would NEVER put me through what yours put you through...YOU are paying him...if he's going to treat you that way, I say get rid of him! Good luck!
ReplyDeleteermm...there is no WAY I would run 100 miles ever. Maybe in a year but never one mile after the other! I can not see how that is good on a body at all!
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your injury, poor thing!