Monday, August 1, 2011

Today is my first day back after being in Jackson MS for work. You would think it would have been so freaking hot but it was actually cooler there then it was here. Even with the humidity I hardly broke a sweat when I walked outside. I gained 3 pounds, which considering that I went from being very careful with my diet to eating out 3 times a day and a glass of wine every night, I am not surprised. I need to be chugging some water but I am too lazy to get up and fill up my water jug. Kinda sad I know. There was a really nice shopping center about a half mile from the hotel and I spent way too much money. My co-worker told me I had to buy new shorts or she was going to take a picture when the shorts I was wearing fell off my butt. I bought two sizes smaller then what I had on. I also bought some very cute shirts on sale 40% off sale price at Banana Republic, one of those stores I thought I would never shop in because they are "skinny" clothes.  Some of them are still too small but they won't be for long.  Funny, even when I lost to goal a few years ago, before I gained most of it back I wouldn't have shopped there because I thought I was too big. The co-worker that I hung out with really helped to push me out of my comfort zone.

My first fill is scheduled for Wednesday.  I hope he fills that sucker up.  Right now I feel like I have never had the surgery.  We even went to Pei Wei last week and I ate brown rice with no trouble.  I did order a kids meal and I was full after where as before I think I would have eaten more.  Another problem I have ran into is the freaking snow cone shack outside my neighborhood.  I really need to stop eating those things!!  I have been meaning to google them and see how many calories they have but I know I don't really want to know. 

It seems so strange to me that I have had the band for almost 5 weeks.  The first few days I thought I had made a huge mistake, now I can't even tell I have a band.  Every now and again I will rub my port just to make sure it is still there.  Is that weird?

The next C25K running group starts next week with my running group. I am trying to decide if I want to sign up. It is just so hot. It is seriously supposed to get to 111 a couple of days this week. Once it cools off I will start training for the Flying Pig Half, but it is too hot to even run early in the morning. They are also doing a biggest loser contest. I want to sign up but I would feel really bad if I won any money knowing that I had an unfair advantage. I know some people go on diet pills for the contest but I don't think it would be very honest of me.

I will find out Wednesday if I am cleared to do weights again. I have been kind of slacking off on the exercise.  Not to beat a dead horse but it's freaking hot.  Once I get home I just want to sit under the A/C.  I know shut up the whining.  I am not like this in the winter, really I'm not.

OK, I have to sign off. My work BFF had a baby yesterday and we are going to sneak out of work since teh boss is gone and meet Ms. Olivia Kate! I am not a kid person but I have already spoiled this kid rotten. I just hope she doesn't try to make me hold her. So not comfortable with that :nono2:

2 comments:

  1. It IS hot !! Here, in Michigan - it was the hottest July on record ... and the pool?? the pool is like bathwater ... give me some football and let the trees starting turning a color ! Here's hoping that you didn't have to 'hold the baby' which just reminds me of a Seinfeld show !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with your fill on Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete