I have battled my weight all my life, literally my entire life. As a kid a was the fat little kid in the dance recital, the fat sister, the fat (and slow) marathon finisher….you get the point. I have had brief periods of “thinness” but never felt thin until I looked back on the pictures
After trying everything under sun the I have decided to have lap band surgery. For those people who think it is the easy way out (God I hope so) I am very certain that it isn’t. I have told very few people because I fell this decision is a personal one. I need support right now not people (like my ex-trainer) to tell me that I am pretty much a failure. Believe me, I have felt that way when it comes to my weight all my life.
Enough sniveling….I go to the surgeon tomorrow for my initial consultation. I am on the cusp of the low end of the BMI range so I power ate today and feel very ill. I should have no problem meeting the weight restriction after that load of pasta!!
I hope to have surgery by the end of June. Much more to come.


No comments:
Post a Comment