And just like that the weather gets cold again and I don't want to run tonight. I keep telling myself that my knee is hurting, my back is achy, well they don't know that I am going to run anyway. I am telling myself that I only have to do 2 miles but once I get dressed for the 30 degree run I might as well do 3.
Yesterday I had to go in the field for work to a location about an hour away. When I first started working for the Government I worked in the area as a Park Ranger so I drove all over the place. I found some of the neatest places. One of those was a tea room close to the project office I worked out of. I loved the golden cheese and parsley dumpling soup they served and for some reason I remembered they served it on Wednesdays. So I went there for lunch.
It was just as good as I remembered. I forgot all about the homemade bread. Unfortunately I remembered how yummy the desserts were and they sat me at a table with Italian Cream Cake at eye level
totally unfair. I bought a piece of cake and took it home to split with Dennis. There is still a half of a piece left, it is so rich and yummy. The owner told me they are doing a Valentines Day dinner with prime rib or Italian stuffed chicken breast, a three course dinner for like $25 each. Totally worth it. I talked Dennis into taking me.
On the way back I drove by my old house.
I loved that house. It was built in the 1920's, had arched doorways, hardwood floors, and a claw foot tub. It was also freezing cold in the winter and like a furnace in the summer. It was just a rent house but something about it just reminds me of simpler times. That is were I lived when I brought Hunter home and I have so many good memories. I am sure there are some not so good ones too but I don't really remember any.
And seriously, no punking out on the run. I will do it!!





Yum Yum that soup looks good..sounds like a lovely Valentines Day dinner you planned!
ReplyDeleteFor some reason I can' see the pictures....boo
ReplyDeleteYou will not regret the run!
That house reminds me of the first house The Rockstar and I rented when we first got married almost 22 years ago. Our house also had the claw foot tub. It took like 20 minutes to fill the thing up because the spicket (sp??) was tiny and the tub was huge. Lots of good memories in that old house :)
ReplyDeleteThat soup looks great! Sorry it's so cold.... Sometimes its good to have a day off now and then. :)
ReplyDeleteGet out and do it! And I'm with you, once you're dressed and out for a 2 miler, might as well do a 3 miler. :)
ReplyDeleteThat house looks adorable and that tea room...YUM!