Tuesday, November 13, 2012

The Liebster Award

Karen from Banded in Texas and Ashlee from My Lap Band Adventure have nominated me for the Liebster Award!!

http://uiwleelee.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html

The Rules


- Once you're nominated, write 11 facts about yourself.


- Then, take a look at the 11 questions the person who nominated you asked and answer them.


- Get your thinking cap on and come up with 11 questions of your own for your nominees to answer


- Then choose the 5 bloggers you want to nominate (they must have less than 200 followers) & let them know they've been nominated (there are no tag backs - you can't nominate the person who nominated you).


- Complete this post and then link it to the person who nominated you (in the comments of their blog).

Hum, 11 facts about myself...

1.  My weight was down to 110 this morning, although I doubt the accuracy of my scale.  If this is right I am losing because I am actually eating more calories. Strange how that can happen.

2. Having Lap Band surgery was one of the best decisions I have ever made for myself.  My doctor tells me I am the model lap band patient and he tells all of his new clinic participants about me.

3. I am a homebody. Most of the time I would rather sit at home with one of my dogs in my lap than go out.

4.  I am definitely a dog person.

5. I have two tattoos.  One on my wrist that is done in black light ink so it is only noticeable to me unless I am under a black light.  I got it after my first half marathon.  The other one is the finishers medal from my first (and only) full marathon.  I want to get another one to commemorate making it into the half fanatics but I can't seem to find the time.

6.  I'm an NPR geek.  I took Dennis to see a live taping of Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

7.  I love to dye my hair funky colors.  I am sure my boss hates it and I know I m getting too old for it, but I just get bored with the norm.

8.  I have a new fascination with food trucks. I have had some great food that I would have never tried otherwise.

9.  The holiday's make me sad.  It really brings back a lot of memories from my childhood and makes me miss my grandparents and can really put me in a funk.

10. I have a little bit of a shopping addiction.  I still go straight for the XL section even though.  I wonder if I will ever snap out of that.  I have to limit my access to the Coach website also, purses always fit.

11.  I love to read.  My Kindle Fire is one of my most treasured possessions.

Q and A from Banded in Texas

1) Your dream travel destination?  Norway, My great grandfather was a Norwegian immagrant.
2) Favorite movie?  Despicable Me and Up
3) Favorite book or magazine?  It depends on my mood I guess.  I like the movie Once and I am dying to see the broadway musical version.
4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?  I hope to have a new house, still at goal weight.
5) You just won $10 million dollars. How would you spend it?  Set up a private trust to try and hide the fact that I won the money.  Travel, go to Best Friends in Utah and volunteer for as long as they will have me.
6) If you could meet/interview anyone living or dead, who would you meet and why?  Jimmy Carter.  I have so much respect for him as a humanitarian and peace keeper
7) What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever eaten?  Kimchi Fries?
8) Any phobias?  WORMS!!
9) What is your best trait?  That is hard for me to answer.  Hum, I will do almost anything for my family and friends.
10) What is your least-favorite trait?  I tend to be lazy when I lose interest in something
11) Why do you blog?  To help me remember my journey.  When things get hard I can look back and see that I have been through worse.

Q and A from My Lap Band Adventure

1. Favorite color? Green, I even drive a lime green car!!
2. Do you have any pets?  I am the crazy dog lady.  I have 7 rescued dogs that were supposed to be fosters, turns out I am a foster failure
3. Who has been your biggest supporter during your weight loss journey?  My boyfriend, even though he complains that I am getting too skinny
4. What's your favorite Band-friendly food?  soup, my favorite is El Chico Tortilla and Chilli's Enchillada
5. Do you have any guilty pleasures?  cupcakes
6. What's your favorite thing to do for exercise?  running, it is a love hate relationship
7. What is one of your long-term goals?  to maintain my goal weight.
8. How long have you been blogging? On Blogger a little over a year.  I also have a blog on CK that I have maintained for probably 5 years
9. Do you drink alcohol? If so, what's your favorite drink?  seldom but I love Heuberts Strawberry Dac.  I think it is a local thing.
10. What do you want for Christmas?  A new Kindle Fire HD but since I have to have a tooth replaced with an implant I am probably going to get a tooth.
11. How do you hold yourself accountable during your weight loss journey?  Used to have daily weigh ins.  Now that I am actually below my goal weight I try to just weigh in once a week to keep from being OCD.

3 comments:

  1. love your longterm goal...to maintain your goal weight! new follower here..

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved getting to know you a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My grandfather and his brothers immigrated from Norway too. First to Saskatchewan and then to Chicago, where they ran a roofing business. So I am 1/4 Norwegian. I've never been there either, but lately I've been in touch with some Norwegian 3rd cousins through Facebook!

    ReplyDelete