What a week it has been, and it is only Wednesday!!
Gone last week, off Monday, then a water leak at the office forced us to leave at 11 yesterday. I feel like I haven't worked in a month.
I went to another food truck festival Saturday with my little sister. We split several dishes and I ended up taking some of the food home with me but we did manage to sample 3 out of the 15 or so trucks that were there. 3 of the trucks were chains; like Dickie's BBQ so they didn't count.
These were Kimchi fries with lemongrass chicken. I had my doubts but they were really good!!
Meatloaf slider topped with mac & cheese. I liked them both, but not together. I ended up taking most of this home to Dennis. It was ok but a little dense.
Fried chicken slider with honey chipotle sauce. It came with cole slaw on top but I loathe cole slaw so I got it without. It was really freakin' good!!
Lemonade with fresh basil. It was also really good.
By the time we had made it this far the lines (according to Facebook) were 50 people long. We made a stop at a t-shirt place to get a shirt I have wanted for several months and headed out. On the way to the car another truck was just opening up. We were first in line for chicken tamales.
The salsa was amazing. I am kind of glad the dessert tamales were not finished yet or I would have stuffed that down and probably made myself sick.
Tonight I am going to meet my sister downtown at a bar, of course, and then to see Mary Poppins. I haven't really spoken to my older sister since before my Mom had her cancer surgery. I would say this could be an issue but my sister is so self centered and egotistical that she probably doesn't even realize we haven't been talking to her. She is such a bitch, but I am doing my part to keep the peace in the family. She is my Mom's favorite so if I piss her off she will take it out on our mom and I will be the bad guy. I may have some interesting stories to tell tomorrow.
3 days and 16 hours until the half marathon. I just hope to finish under 3:15. I am not going to push for under 3 hours.







lol..."she is such bitch"...tell us how you really feel :) I have a sister I haven't spoken to in 3 years. And we only live miles apart from each other.
ReplyDeleteseriously those fries look heavenly and so does that lemonade..the other stuff looks like a stuck episode waiting to happen for me! As for sister...bless her heart! (I learned from rockband barbie..after saying something bad..throw in a bless her heart...and its all better!)
ReplyDelete