After being out of town for work since Sunday night I am finally home with my little Sidney in my lap sucking up my body heat.
The trip is/was a cluster. I was mad when I left work on Friday because I had to miss the Bass Pro Half and a little distracted by the gazillion questions that people were asking me last minute. So I left my computer access card in the card reader. When I got my card I couldn't get internet connected. When I got internet I couldn't get VPN to work. So here I am at home working yet again.
Work itself has been excruciating. They way overstaffed for the visits and instead of setting us free, the organizer is making us sit until time to go home, 10 hour days. Without my CAC card/internet/VPN I couldn't even work on my regular work. I ended up reading my Kindle most of the day yesterday. I may sound nuts but I would rather be busy, makes the day go by so much faster.
Of course food has been meh. I have been eating a larger than normal to me lunch and a light dinner. It is so funny to see how people from out of state view Oklahoma and the cuisine here. They all wanted a good steak. I was like, yeah, go to Logan's...
Today we didn't break for lunch until 1:30 and I was so hungry that I over ate chips and queso and ate very little of my soup. I will be nice and bloated up tomorrow. I need to make a grocery run tonight and get some not so sinful snacks for tomorrow.
Tomorrow we are supposed to go to dinner at a place called Joe Mamma's in downtown. They have a pizza called the incenerator that has wasabi sauce, jalapanos, habaneros and hot links topped with a ghost chili drizzle. It was on man vs. food this season and the guys I am working with can't wait to try it. I don't want any part of that but I will probably go with them. I can guilt Dennis into going with me for a change since it is my birthday. Normally he would have no part of work group gatherings.
I am just glad that the inspections are at the Tulsa Airport tomorrow. I can sleep in my own bed and not go into the office. I came up with a good strategy to work at the hotel the group is staying at on Friday and not go into the office for the rest of the week!!
I am not going to weigh until my normal weigh in day on Monday. I know this trip will have an effect on me.
OK, gotta get back to catching up on email.


Sounds like quite a stressful week. Bah humbug!
ReplyDeleteIf only we were born rich instead of beautiful, we wouldn't have to work!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously, I love the blog and I have nominated you for a Liebster Award. Check out this link: http://bandedintx.blogspot.com/2012/11/the-liebster-award.html
My questions for you are:
1) Your dream travel destination?
2) Favorite movie?
3) Favorite book or magazine?
4) Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
5) You just won $10 million dollars. How would you spend it?
6) If you could meet/interview anyone living or dead, who would you meet and why?
7) What is the weirdest/craziest thing you have ever eaten?
8) Any phobias?
9) What is your best trait?
10) What is your least-favorite trait?
11) Why do you blog?
I also nominated you for the Liebster Award! :P
ReplyDeletehttp://uiwleelee.blogspot.com/2012/11/liebster-award.html