Wednesday, October 31, 2012

thanks for your advice

I called an got an appointment with my surgeon on November 12.  I want to make a few changes and see if that will help.  I have been stopping at Sonic and getting a Root Beer on my way to work every morning.  Maybe that is causing the acid in my stomach to go on overdrive.  I have been planning for awhile on giving up my daily root beer because I know it isn't the best way to start the morning but I just haven't been very motivated to do it.  Now I don't have a choice.

Yesterday's food included
root beer for breakfast
McAlester's for lunch - about 3 bites of a cheese potato and a few spoon fulls of soup (it was a little spicy and made my tummy angry).  So I have lots of leftovers for lunch
Dinner was two crackers with cheese.

I knew I didn't have enough calories to push myself to run.  I walked a little but didn't want to make myself sick.

This morning, without the root beer I do feel better.  I am eating a Fiber One brownie very slowly and it is going down fine with out any reflux symptoms. 

It is a little crazy how scared I am that I will gain weight if the doctor removes any fluid.  I need to talk to him about getting a counselor because I obviously have some deep seated weight issues.  DUH.

So enough of the heavy stuff.  Here are a few pictures from the Tulsa Run



My posture is not it's best in the last picture.  I am not sure if that is one of the 3 shirts I was wearing making the tummy bulge or the loose skin.  Funny that is the first thing I see.  I do love the hollywood glasses though.  Since I was so late I just had to grab a pair out of my car.  Hey, they worked!!

I am hoping to eat at least 1,000 calories each day for the rest of the week to fuel up for the mock half Saturday, the last long run before Route 66 half/marathon.  As much as practical it is on the actual route so it really helps to have it fresh in your mind and know what to expect in two week. 


3 comments:

  1. You look great! I love the finish line picture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pics. You look great. Perhaps talking to someone about your fear of gaining might be a good thing. Healthy should always be #1 goal. A few bites here and a cracker there is not healthy. ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures. Only you see a bulge.
    Root Beer really might be causing your tummy issues. Try to not drink it for a week and see how you feel.

    ReplyDelete