I had a fabulous weekend. Well, I guess it was just Sunday since I worked from home late Friday and half the day on Saturday. But I did get my part of the project finished and won't have to work OT again for awhile!!
I had planned on going for a 5 mile run after I finished working on Saturday. As I was getting my shoes on I heard what I thought was the wind pick up. I looked outside and saw that it had started to rain. I'm no wimp; I like to run in the rain. I went to get a light rain jacket and walked out the door just as the clouds opened and it started pouring. I decided it was a short run anyway and changed into my PJ's and got out the Kindle instead. Well played mother nature.
Sunday we went to what was supposed to be a food truck festival. As it turns out there were a total of two food trucks there and one hadn't opened yet. So much for a festival. We decided to go in and look around the air and space museum since we had never been there. It is very small and probably not worth the $15 each we paid each for admission. There were also some old WWII planes that had come in for a special thing so it wasn't such a bad deal. We went through the museum part pretty quickly then went back out to eat lunch. The other truck had opened, but we got food from the first truck anyway, beef tacos, and "grub" fries. The fries were so freaking good. They said they were twice fried and seasoned with fresh rosemary. Heaven I tell you!!
Then we went to look at the airplanes. It was pretty neat, but they charged over $500 for a 30 minute flight in a B-29 bomber and $1500 for a 20 minute flight in a Mustang fighter. We decided we were more than happy to pay our $15 and look at them on the ground.
Dennis was falling all over himself to make me happy. Not that he doesn't do that on a regular basis, but with the last few weeks I have had at work, it was really nice to be doted on.
Add the season premiers of Dexter and Homeland and that is a great day!!
I haven't weighed in a few days, but I can tell I am gaining a little. Not a bad thing. My doctor's office called me to reschedule my October appointment and the liaison lady told me that he tells all of his seminar classes about me and how he has told me he will take fluid out of my band if I continue to lose. I am sure they think he is crazy just like I would have back at the beginning of my journey. I just knew I would be one of those people that the band just didn't work for!!
OK, I am off to change into my running clothes and get in 3 miles with my friend from work. It looks nice and cloudy outside, maybe I can beat the rain this time.


No comments:
Post a Comment