1. I took off work yesterday and sat with my mom in Chemo. It is both depressing and uplifting at the same time. Hard to explain. She is doing well though.
2. As is normally the case after spending the day with my mother, I feel fat. She doesn't have to say anything, it is just those old feelings from growing up being told I will always be the fat sister.
3. I was almost certain the outfit I sat out to wear to work was going to be too small when I put it on this morning. Of course it wasn't. I am wearing the first button down shirt that I can remember putting on in years. I still feel a little gappy and stiff but I think it is more because I am not used to this kind of shirt.
4. Running is still kind of blah. I am getting blisters again and it is really pissing me off. I have Spenco 2nd skin blister stuff on my feet now. I ran 2 miles on Tuesday and the blisters were really bad by the time I was finished. I am supposed to run tonight but my work running friend cancelled on me. I may wait until Friday, give the feet some more time to get better and do hill sprints on Friday. My long run is 'only' 6 miles this week, I will do that on Sunday.
5. I have several people here at work that are being unrealistic with work deadlines that they sat on for god knows how long and are now sending me emails like every 30 minutes asking for updates. I get off work at 4:30. Even though I have the response drafted I think they will get it at 4:29. Asshats.
6. I have my first colonoscopy scheduled for October 22. I also have a 12 mile run scheduled for the day before. Dennis told me not to worry about it, I will get at least that many miles in going back and forth to the bathroom. Because of the band I have to do my prep stuff a little differently, starting Saturday. I hope I can get the run in on Saturday, if not I will have to blow off a long run.
7. October 24th I have an appointment with the oral surgeon to see about getting my baby tooth replaced with an implant. That sucker is loose. I have a little bit of OCD when it comes to certain things. Yesterday I was fixated on that tooth and I wanted it out of my mouth immediately. I asked Dennis to help me just yank it out but he said he would never do anything like that again after the blood spurting from my ear and the horrible terrible ear infection. The tooth is still there, still bothering the eff out of me.
8. October 27 is the Tulsa Run, the oldest and biggest run in Tulsa. I have done the 5K but I have never done the 15K. I think I am prepared since I did a little over 10 miles over the weekend, even if it was mostly flat. Even more reason to do the hill sprints.
9. I think I am going to try out a new food truck for lunch, it is my new obsession.
10. The bat shit crazy lady is in a vacant office talking to a union rep about something that happened while I was off yesterday. I have been walking by and listening in as much as possible. Yes I should be ashamed. I already got the notice that I will be called in to testify. I wish they would fire her already. I was forced to talk to her last week and I gave her short yes/no answers as much as I could. She makes me sick.


Oh man, I so feel you on feeling fat after being around your mom. I will always be fat around mine. I just know it!
ReplyDeleteGood luck on getting your training run in amidst the prep. I've only had to do that once and not spread out, so hopefully it will be bearable. Maybe run laps near your house just in case?? :)
I completely understand how you feel about the sitting through the chemo. I used to feel really good about it while I was sitting there with my mother, but then I would be crying my eyes out on my way back home. So glad that you are being so supportive of her even though she isn't always the most supportive of you.
ReplyDeleteI wanted to share a link to a blog I have been reading. I find it VERY inspirational and moving. It is about a young mother who is battling breast cancer. Her posts are amazing, her outlook is amazing. Maybe it will help either you or your mom?
ReplyDeletehttp://andersonfamilyzoo.wordpress.com/