Wednesday, April 25, 2012

A whole lotta running


I am back from my running adventure in Austin.  It was so much fun.  I never thought I would say that again.  The route was pretty flat, the 20 bands (I took their word for it, I didn't count them) were mostly great, and the medal is amazing. 

We thought we were staying downtown, but as we were informed by a guy on the super shuttle, the Domain is the Rodeo drive of Austin.  That was all two girls on a girlfriend trip needed to hear.  We shopped until we almost passed out on Saturday.

I thought I ate more then I should, but I am becoming more aware of the fact that just because I feel that stuffed like the thanksgiving turkey feeling, it doesn't necessarily mean I binged.  I did, however, eat a cake ball at the most amazing place ever called Austin Cake Ball Kitchen and Bar.  I was up to 125 when I got home but I am already down to 122.6.

I went from Austin to Houston for work training.  My work running buddy was in the class to and brought her husband and 8 month old baby.  I am not a kid person so this made me pretty nervous.  Thankfully the kid is pretty laid back and decided I was pretty cool too.  We had an understanding; her parents are scared to death to leave her alone with me because I haven't been around a baby in my adult life.  Kind of strange I know.  The baby even did good on the flight home.

I got home from Houston on Friday and did the usual post trip errand running and laundry.  Sunday Kim and I ran in a 5K called Run Tulsa Pink, two inaugural races in almost a week.  The 5K was really hilly, a lot more hilly then I expected.  I thought I would PR but I came in at 40 minutes and some change so I didn't make it.  I blame the hills, they were horrible.

My other running friend, the one in the Austin picture with me is thinking about lap band surgery.  I told her I would support whatever decision she makes but I am not going to push the idea on her.  I think she would do great with it but I also think she has some unrealistic expectations of it changing her body shape.  Anyway, she went with me to my first support group meeting.  It would have been great if it wasn't for that ONE person who had surgery like a month before me and knows all there is to know about lap band.  She doesn't exercise and was trying to answer questions about fueling for a marathon.  I really wanted to duct tape her mouth shut.  Of course if I am ever in a group and there isn't a ONE person, I assume it is me and try to keep myself in check, lol.

I need to run tonight but I have a sick four legged kiddo and I don't want to leave him alone any more then I have to.  Besides, we are setting records for the heat today.  If it isn't a little cooler tomorrow I will go to the gym.  Plus Dennis will be able to watch him tomorrow, he has to work late tonight.

This Sunday is the OKC (half) marathon.  I am really not stressed out about it at all after the Austin 10 mile run.  We will see how I feel as the week goes on.

I leave you with some pictures in no particular order.



Medal and bib for Austin 10/20, love this medal
Finish line picture from Austin
With my friend before the start
At Run Tulsa Pink, I swear my friend is not looking at my chest, lol

This is what the back of an SUV looks like when you have three people and a baby traveling in one car.  Thankfully we were just going to the airport.



1 comment:

  1. Gosh, will all your running talk I just want to get out and run now!!

    It's always so inspiring to hear about your races!!

    ReplyDelete