Tuesday, July 5, 2011

back to my normal routine

Made it to work today and was only 15 minutes late...which means I was on time in my book!!  Of course I was greeted with the normal monday upper management staff meeting (me being out of the office Thursday and Friday and the rest of my team out Today) which was a waste of time.  Blech, my job sucks.  I do think that getting up and getting out of the house helped me though.  I feel some pain but not a bunch.  I took some advil before I left the house but haven't thought about taking any more since then.  I did however break down and take some Philips MoM this morning.  Big mistake.  Let me just warn you that if you ever take this stuff stay close to the bathroom.  I almost didn't make it to the work restroom in time and I hadn't even been here 30 minutes.  At least I finally got the bathroom issues taken care of.

I ate Cream of Wheat for breakfast, ate about half before I just got tired of eating.  At lunch we went to Mcalisters and I got a cup of soup and a baked potato with cheese.  I didn't eat much of the potato but I feel like I ate Thanksgiving dinner.  Even though I am not hungry, I have to admit I am starting to eye "normal" food.

I decided to take off work tomorrow, D has to have some stress test stuff done and he can't eat.  Since he is borderline diabetic that is kind of worrisome.  Not sure if he will want me to take him or not.  I have my post-op visit at 1:45.  I hope they tell me it is ok to take a bath and soak some of this gummy stuff off my stomach.  I am scared to death to try to even wash it with a wash cloth.  I did use a baby wipe on it the other day with no ill effects.  All the bandages are off and it looks ok from what I can tell.  My stomach was pretty bruised up but they all appear to be fading quickly.  Honestly, until lately I have been to scared to look and have had D look for me and make sure they didn't look too bad. 

So tomorrow I get to do the lovely barium swallow test and whatever kind of tests they were supposed to do before I left the hospital.  I called and talked to Roberta and she said that I sound like a different person then she talked to Friday.  I am so not looking forward to these tests.

I am off, just got an email that they are going to read the verdict in the Anthony case!!  Gotta get a front row seat at the snack bar!!





3 comments:

  1. Feel so sorry for your bathroom issues! I'm seriously afraid to do anything but #1 in the bathrooms at work. Poor you! Hope your Dr. says everything looks great and you can resume regular bathing etc.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the testing -- I hope THIS part goes without incident and you're feeling more like yourself soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. First days back are always tough. Do like that you are taking off tomorrow. Good way to ease yourself back in ... hope everything goes well with the tests for both you and BF

    ReplyDelete