I am stuck in bandster hell and let me tell you, it sucks!! This weekend eating was not good, not entirely bad but compared to what I have been eating. Saturday I ate a protein bar for breakfast and no matter how hard I try I can't eat a protein bar without milk, plus added protein. We had a lot of errands to run so we went out for lunch and I got chicken strips; could have eaten them all but I didn't. Could have eaten all of them PLUS french fries but I knew better then to order them. Later that day I found a bag of cheetos, I think that pretty much says it all. Normally after eating that much I wouldn't be hungry for dinner but D made some strange hamburger concoction with okra and corn in it. I knew better then to try that so I took some out and melted some cheese over it and ate it like a burrito.
Yesterday was a little better but not by much. I ate bread for the first time, an entire grilled cheese sandwich to be exact.
I called my doctors office this morning and begged them for a fill a "little" early. They told me 18 days out from surgery I am just going to have to tough it out.
What really sucks is this time next week I will be on my way to Jackson MS for work so I will be eating out 3 times a day. In Jackson MS. Where they deep fat fry sweet tea. I know I will get through it, my fill is scheduled for August 3 but that seems like a lifetime away right now.
To make matters worse it is so hot outside that after I get home from work I don't want to leave the house. It is hot in my house with the A/C, ceiling fans and floor fans going. I can't believe it is hotter in Oklahoma than on the coast of Texas. There is something really wrong with that.
And finally the icing on the proverbial cake. I realized that the battery in my scale was wonky. I replaced it last night and this morning I was up 2 pounds from what it had been saying I weighed. Not sure if all the recreation eating is catching up to me or if the scale was wrong because of the battery, regardless, that is 2 freaking pounds. And as ridiculous as it sounds it is making me feel extremely fat today (and cranky if you hadn't caught on to that by now).
BLAH


My best advice is to just dig in with your finger nails and hold on for dear life through the next two weeks dear. Bandster hell sucks, but it's called "hell" for a reason. We all do it and we all get through it. Good job on no fries!!
ReplyDeleteAlso - don't worry about the 2 lbs (tough to do I know) you'll get them off and MUCH more soon enough.
Bandster hell does suck. I remember longing to FEEL my band...to know it was there to help me along. Your patience WILL be rewarded!!!
ReplyDeleteI have no advise (as I'm still not banded) but I hope now until 8/3 goes quick for you !
ReplyDeleteI had my surgery the same day and I am in the same hell. It's like my brain forgot I had WLS and since I can eat anything now, I want to. I get my first fill next week and I can't wait. I hope I am not up 5 lbs by then!!
ReplyDelete