Tuesday, August 27, 2024

Ellie Badge


I had an appointment with my therapist last week.  She helped me somewhat.  She also said that I probably need to get with my doctor and maybe change or adjust my meds.  The anxiety is putting me in a severe ADD spiral and I am firmly in that inattentive bubble and things are getting out of control.  I have several lists (not sure where I put them ❓) to try and keep me on track.   I talked to her a lot about the history with Dennis and his PTSD and his refusal to get any kind of therapy do to past bad experiences.  I can only control myself and my reactions so it is up to him to fix himself. He did get a different medication to try to see if it helps stabilize his mood.

I am in a podcast phase.  I have found a few that I am deep in a rabbit hole with.  One is called Whose Afraid of Ladonna Humphrey, about a crazy lady in Arkansas who literally bullies people and gets away with it.  The other is Noble about a crematory in Georgia that mishandled bodies.  Head Number 7 is on that same vein. I have a list of others I need to look into.  I hate that I have to wait for new episodes but I have a bunch so I can try and cycle through.  

I took Friday off last week and drove to MO to get a new tattoo.  I have wanted an Up themed tattoo for a very long time.  This artist has a great pop art style and was 2 1/2 hours away.  It tuned out really cute.  I took the saniderm off this morning and it is still scabby but it looks so good.  The purple might need touched up, which would require another trip to MO, which I don't hate for reasons I can't get into at the moment, as I am on lunch at work.  That brings me to 10 total.  I don't have any more ideas so that will be it for awhile.    

I went to my Mom's on Saturday.  I had to get my rings cleaned and inspected for the warranty so she road along and we went to lunch.  She mentioned that she wanted to see the new Twisters movie.  I suggested we go see it but saw you could buy it on Prime for $25, so we went back to her house and watched it.  We got about 3/4 of the way through when her little dog came walking through and yelped and just fell over.  I scooped her up and told my mom we were going to visit Dr. Suzanne at animal urgent care.  She is having a back flair up so they gave her a shot and some medicine.  They did some blood work and one of her values was off the charts high so they want her back in on Saturday to test her for Cushings.  I hate that for her because it is an 8 hour test and she has never really been away from my parents house.  But, it is necessary to make sure she gets treated.  My mom, knowing nothing about the condition, called my sister and said "it doesn't look good" I laughed and said it's fine, if she has it they will medicate her.  I know that it will likely shorten her life span but my parents have had her for 11 years.  No clue how old she was when they found her.  Typically dogs will live about 2 years after diagnosis.  I am so glad we decided to buy the movie and watch it there.  By the time we got her to the clinic she was acting better so who knows if we would have noticed it if we hadn't seen it.  

This weekend they are having a huge event at the river for the opening of a redesigned pedestrian bridge.  I hardly ever go to those things but they are doing an Outsiders experience with a meet and greet with the original movie Ponyboy C. Thomas Howell and SE Hinton along with a live mic viewing of the movie.  If I can find someone to go with me I will go.  My older sister might go.  She lives about a block from the park so I'm sure she will let me park in her driveway regardless.  It's a pretty ritzy neighborhood and they don't play when it comes to illegal parking.  It was a nightmare when the big part of the park initially opened.  They are opening a flume area but I will not be using that.  The Arkansas River is beyond gross.  I will be interested to see how that works out.  

I had a 6 month follow up with the allergy doctor this morning.  My sinus drainage has been out of control regardless of what I do.  She thinks it my GERD and not sinuses.  I have to take omeprizol daily for 2 months and go in for a follow up.  After my surgery I have relaxed a little in my habits but I have to go back to not eating 2 hours before bed and limiting fizzy drinks.  I guess if that doesn't control it I will go back to the gastro or if it is sinus issues, back to shots.  Regardless, ugh.  

I was thinking while writing this about the old CK days when everyone would post daily.  Now I can't think of anything to say even once a week.  Of course I was also working out and running a lot so there is that.  I was going to go to tap on Sunday but I can't find my tap shoes.  I may go to heel on Wednesday though.  I need to start doing something!  



2 comments:

  1. It’s a tough life! Until I met G. I didn’t realize that there were so many fun wine fests. The season starts slowly in March and right about now through September is the high point. I’m making a list for next year of the ones I want to visit. Hahaha (can’t find the emoji on this keyboard)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I’m not sure how I updated daily in tbe CK days either. I still miss the blog feature from back then.
    Patti

    ReplyDelete