My Fair Lady was great. They had the photo both set up so we got our pre-show picture. We had another all things cheese meal at the Brook. HMF had just gotten back from a weekend of BMX racing with A. She said it was the best trip they had ever taken together with just the two of them and he got a first place finish in a national race. I still have a hard time coming to terms with him being 14!! He isn't my cute little sidekick anymore 😢. Aunt T is no longer cool.
I had another visit with the therapist. For some reason I am being a lot more open about going this time. In the passed I haven't really told my Mom or Dennis I was going but this time I am sharing with Dennis the things she's telling me. She told me that I need to start setting hard boundaries with my mom, which I know. She suggested that I cut back my mandatory Saturday visits to every other week or to at least take one Saturday a month for just myself. She said that when she suggested it a flood of relief came over my face. It's a fine line because I really don't want her to feel like she is an obligation - which she is, but I don't want to make her feel bad, but I also want to be able to have a weekend where I can run errands and do what I need to do without having to cram it all in on a Sunday. I will talk to her about it on Saturday when we I do my obligatory meet up. We will see how it goes
Next week was supposed to be a follow-up with the surgeon to set up the schedule for surgery but the cardiologist didn't give me full clearance yet. I have to do a stress test and an echo. I kind of feel like it is overkill. I won't be able to get that done until the end of March so it will be April/May before I can get the band removed. I have 2 work trips coming up, the last of which is the first full week of May so I may see if I can have it done the week after so I can go to Seattle. I don't feel like I am very useful to the group that the meeting is set up for, I was voluntold for the group and I am not very knowledgeable about the database and info we are tracking so if I don't go it wouldn't be a big loss to the group. However, I love Seattle and haven't been in a very long time. The doctor's office just called and the appointment is April 8th so the second or third week of May is probably a good bet on timing.
I haven't done my weekly job scan yet. I need to get that done. I haven't heard back form the two I applied for but again, I don't hold out much hope. Getting out of bed was really hard today for some reason. I had Ninja cuddled up on one side, Bailey on the other and Olive sleeping on my chest. When my alarm went off Bai got the sillies and started acting a fool, which made it harder to get out of bed. It doesn't help that we are the only branch that has to do 3 days a week in the office. When they announced we had to start doing 3 days a week they said that Little Rock and Fort Worth were already doing it. It's like they don't know my bff works in the LR office and I talk to her everyday and KNOW they aren't. Why lie? Everyone is over it. There is really no reason for us to be in the office just so they can keep track of us. I got a text asking me to take calls for the SANE office because they had an all employee meeting, it was 2-5 on a Wednesday so I said sure thinking we wouldn't get a call. About 1:15 I get a call asking if I can take a call a little early since they would have to leave shortly after starting the exam. I said sure. I went to tell AP I needed to leave the office and she was not particularly happy. A few times when the call was later in the day I had gone on the call and made up the time later in the day and you could tell she was afraid I was going to ask to do that. I told her I had no intentions of making up any time and I was just going to take leave. I'm not sure if she is perturbed about me taking calls during the day (I have plenty of leave) of if it was just her afraid I was going to ask about making up time but I get the feeling she is not going to be as forgiving (if that's the right word) of me taking calls during work hours. I don't really care. This was another prisoner and I really hate doing those. I have no idea what to tell them about resources since they can't call or go into the center. I basically tell them to contact medical but I don't even know if that is 100% where they go.
My lunch is over so I need to get back to the grind.
✌



I've been open about my psychologist time both here and with people close to me. I don't see any reason to hide it. If I went to physiotherapy I'd probably share that as well. G. says I'm unique because I'm so open about my depression and therapy. It's nothing to be ashamed of and is better than struggling or picking up (more) bad habits as a coping mechanism.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I misread you saying you'll talk about it with your mother. That sounds like you're going to leave the door open to her talking you out of it. I would simply say I'm pulling back to once every 2 weeks (or whatever you've decided you need) because I need more time for me (or however you wish to frame it). State it as already decided and if she pushes back say there's nothing to discuss. It sounds mean and I'm sure you'll get the full on thing about being an obligation or her feeling bad. Remember, you are not responsible for her feelings. That's not a license to be brusque or uncaring however she's going to feel what she feels when you tell her. Remind her that you aren't the only daughter if she needs something on a Saturday. Five cents please!
We had to pull back with the MIL too. Granted she was in a senior living place and had people around so the situation was different than your mom. Paul was having dinner with her once a week and she was so frustrating to him he had a hard time dealing with her. She was judgmental commenting on other people's hair, outfits, physical issues and that really upset him. We traded off weeks and then went to every other week. Then Covid had other plans...
ReplyDelete