Friday, March 1, 2024

 Even though I can't think of anything significant, it seems like I have been super busy.  Not sure where to start.

I ordered a custom urn for Truman off of Etsy.  It looks so good.  We miss him so much.

I am getting closer to band removal.  I have had more than my share of medical appointments.  I go in later today for a cardio clearance and that should be the final test.  Earlier this week I had a lung function test and we redid my allergy skin test.  There has been significant improvement to most of the allergens, enough that they are going to give me a 6 month break from allergy shots and see how I do.





The huge reaction is for shellfish.  It might be shrimp specific but I can't remember.  I got an epi-pen and some steroids that I am supposed to carry with me and give my office a copy of my emergency management plan they wrote up.  I know I have reactions to shellfish and avoid it but for the most part I don't ask at restaurants if there might be cross contamination (fry in same grease), except when I am in the gulf because they sneak shellfish in everything.  The doctor said I should probably start doing that because it is highly likely I could react.  I was also told that the reactions on the other side of my arm are false negatives because I am old and they had to do additional tests and go deeper under the skin.  That made me feel amazing.  At any rate, I need to find a way to carry an epi around because I carry a very small cross body that is only a wallet.  I am not a fan of purses anymore and it took me forever to find the Consuela bag I have carried for several years.  I have a Lulu belt bag that I use for travel so I guess I will use that.

No change with weight.  I am not sure why at this point.  We have eaten out so much lately and that generally packs on the pounds.  I also discovered small batch peanut butter that has some really good flavors like cake batter and puppy chow.  I eat it with a spoon and a big ole glass of milk.  It is not low calorie.  We decided to try a new steak place on our annual super bowl outing.  My food was ok but Dennis liked it so much that he wanted to go back for Valentine's Day.  That is so unlike him because he is averse to crowds and hates to wait at a restaurant for a table.  I really thought he would back out but we actually went out for VD probably the first time in our relationship.  We had a very pleasant date.   This is just the tip of the eating out ice burg.   

Work is work.  They are making us come in 3 days a week now, which feels like torture to be honest.  I have put in for a few remote jobs but I don't hold out a lot of hope.  I haven't updated my resume in years and I know it is lacking.  I need to have someone review it and make sure it looks ok since the updates I made were pretty quick.  Last week was the ranger workshop, luckily I didn't have to plan it this year but I had to do 4 hour long presentations.  I guess it went ok, I got good feedback but man I hate the prep to get everything ready.  It is almost travel season, I have several trips upcoming.  The SHARP (sexual assault response prevention) road show starts early next month, I have a week long trip to Maryland/West Virginia and another to Seattle.  I need to figure out how the surgery is going to play into all of that.  I will probably be out of the office more than I am in.  I am more than ok with that.

HMF and I went to see the musical Mean Girls last week.  It was pretty cute.  I haven't watched the new movie version yet but I heard it is not as good as the stage production because they cut some of the songs.  We went to lunch before at our usual spot, we have matinee tickets, and got all things cheese - cheese fries, and chicken fajita nachos.  They were so good.  Not sure how we were able to stay awake with all of those carbs.  This weekend we have tickets for My Fair Lady and my sister said it was the best musical of the season.  I am really excited about it.  I am sure we will eat lunch at the same place, they have a pretty extensive menu and a parking lot that charges $5 for events so it is a good deal.  We only have 2 shows left for the season, To Kill a Mockingbird and Tina.  I told her when we subscribed that I had no interest in seeing Tina so I would give her the tickets and she could take someone else.  There is an add on for Chicago.  My sister asked me if I wanted to go and I told her sure and a few hours later HMF sent me a text that she bought tickets for me for Christmas so it looks like I will see it twice.  I don't have the heart to tell HMF that I already had tickets.  The next season is kind of a dud for me so I probably won't renew.  The line up is Moulin Rouge, MJ, Mrs. Doubtfire, Back to the Future, Clue, Wicked and Les Mis.  I have see Wicked several times, unpopular opinion but Les Mis is boring, MJ is just too problematic as I have a hard time separating the predator from the music, and I did research when we went to NYC and Mrs. Doubtfire and BTTF got terrible reviews.  I will buy individual tickets for Moulin Rouge and Clue.  I did a little digging last night and found out that & Juliet is coming to Dallas next Jan/Feb and tickets were already on sale.  BFF Brooke and Linda both want to go so I went ahead and bought tickets.  I paid the extra $ for insurance because it is a long time away, it was a little over $7/ticket so it is worth the gamble.  

The new therapist is working out well so far.  I have only seen her a couple of times but I really like her.  I go see her again on Monday.  I think it's a good match but we will see.

I got new hair again

This is from her insta.  I like her and she was less expensive than niece. Speaking of, I went with MIL to the niece's baby shower and she didn't speak to me.  They took pictures that and she posted all of them on insta except the ones I am in.  I don't take it personally since I am not blood related but Dennis was pissed.  I think he is looking for a reason to stay mad a them though.  He hasn't spoken to any of them for a few months and he has no plans to.  I just stay out of it.  Since niece is taking off for the baby it is the perfect time for me to find someone else.  

OK, I need to get to the doctor for my last test.  

✌

3 comments:

  1. The T-man urn turned out great!

    I would cry if I found out I was allergic to shell fish. It's my fav.

    I'm with you on Les Mis. One if the very few plays I didn't enjoy and I used to go to the theatre a LOT when I lived in Cali.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I gots nuthin' on theater stuff. I've seen "Mamma Mia" and that Elton John musical ... forget the name ... on Broadway because L.'s cousin bought us tickets years ago. Other than that I've only seen "Miss Saigon" and "JC Superstar" with the actor who played JC in the movie. He's about 110 now but was reasonably convincing. ("Aida" was the Elton John musical, I just looked it up.)

    As for family drama, I think I'm evolving and no longer give a f- what anyone else thinks of me. Or even if they think of me. I think this is my freshman entry into my cantankerous years!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the T-man urn. I bought a nice wooden box for Luna that has a photo slot, but I still need to print out a photo, and it's hard to find the right one.

    I haven't seen Le Mis, but Wicked is one of my all-time favorites. I don't think I've seen any of the others except My Fair Lady.

    Love the hair! And on your behalf, I'm excited about your impending band removal. I had mine out in 2016, and things immediately got so much better. Not my weight, of course, but other things.

    ReplyDelete