Finally in a normal routine. I did my obligatory 2 days in the office this week. Nothing has changed, lol. Hard to believe it was the first time I had been in since the day before Thanksgiving. We did get word that they are trying to make us come in 3 days a week but the union is holding it up as long as they possibly can. I am not looking forward to that. Today is my second day in the office and I am multi-tasking while listening to a webinar. I am going t steal most of it for a break out session I have to teach during the ranger workshop later this month. Why recreate it?
I spent the day with my mom on Saturday for the first time since I had been back. Since Heather was in town I got out of doing it for the first little big, then being sick and getting the doctor to tell me to stay out of the brutal cold got me out of a couple of more. I went to a Dillard's that is transitioning to a clearance center, she always asks for the wheelchair they have when she walks in. They couldn't find it so she was just ready to leave. I really didn't need to spend money anyway. I am not sure what is going to happen when/if I have the band removed and I don't want to spend money on clothes that I can't wear. That being said, being sick didn't help with the weigh issue. I am not going to disclose it because I don't want anyone to freak out. Just know I am eating and trying to put some weight on. I never thought I would have this issue and I really don't think it will be an issue once the band is removed. If only I could maintain at 110-115 I would be super happy but we know it's either 95 or 170, no in-between.
Dennis is supposed to go to his cardiologist today. He hasn't called me yet so I am a little anxious. He was diagnosed with cardiomyopathy and they want to put him on an external defibulator, I don't think I have to tell you how that is going. They changed his medication in hopes that it will help, if not they said they would put in an internal one. The life vest (external defib) place sent me an email and quoted almost $4K for the 3 months he would have the vest. He is trying to use this as an excuse not to get it but I am on his ass about it. I have been looking at cars and I told him that I have the money to buy a car, my car has 145,000 miles on it and will last me a few more years I am sure so the money reasoning is out. He is just stubborn.
Last Sunday I went to a baby shower for Dennis's niece. It was awkward af. He is still refusing to have anything to do with them. He did talk to his sister for an hour or so while I was in Maui and she said that she felt like there was a trust issue, he said I am not sure what would make you think that (maybe because he does). At any rate there are definitely some hostility. Right before I left for HI I had the niece the shower was for move my extensions up. I only had a few but she charged me $65! It took her less than 10 minutes. I decided that I needed to find someone else to do my hair. MIL made a comment to Dennis that she had lost a lot of clients when she moved salons and her prices increased. I literally went on instagram and looked for someone who does vivids. To be honest it was probably comparable to what I would have paid but the emotional cost was less, lol. The new girl did a good job but I wasn't really happy with the way she blended my roots. One of my friends recommended someone and I have an appointment set with her on March 2. But I digress, I posted a picture of my new hair to instagram and she liked it, she never looks at or likes any of my posts so I know she was just letting me know she was it. Whatever. None of them talked to me except his sister and her husband. I brought a gift and I'm not even sure she thanked me for it but I know I will get a thank you card later. One of the nieces sat close to me and I asked her a question so she obviously talked to me some but she seemed annoyed, that could just be me though. As far as the underlying issues, there is so much to unpack. Not my circus not my monkeys. I know MIL is upset but she is also the type to ignore issues in hopes they will just go away. I'm not sure that will be the case here.
This weekend I obviously have to entertain my mom on Saturday. She had new lenses ordered for her glasses so I will probably take her to pick them up. When I went to the eye doctor last week my prescription had changed a lot so none of my current glasses will work as back ups. The guy at the optical place that we all go to said he would make me a pair for less than $100. Sounds good to me. I will get that started while we are there.
Sunday I am meeting the girl I befriended that did my nails. She had a rough go of it while I was in Maui and her ex had her arrested for DA. I haven't been able to meet up with her because of everything that has been going on so I am anxious to hear everything that went on. I am so glad she is away from him though. I have been encouraging her to break free from him since we became friends.
Monday I have an appointment with the new therapist. That has me a little anxious but we will see how it goes.


DA? Not sure what that one is. Disorderly Adulting? :-P
ReplyDeleteI’m quickly reaching a point where drama just completely turns me off. The plus side is that I have no family to cause drama. The negative side is that I have no family. So far the plus side is winning but ask me again when I die alone. :-/
TBQH if I was quoted $4000 to rent a defib vest for 3 months I’d probably say no too. WTF? That’s nuts.
Jay, I think DA is domestic abuse.
ReplyDeleteI feel Baily's pain. Romeo walked around looking for Josie for a couple of weeks. It's not sad enough without seeming them sad and you can't explain it to them.
When does the lap band come out? I think I must have missed that one.
Ah Patti, hadn't thought of that. Thanks.
ReplyDelete