Tuesday, May 2, 2023

 I'm in the office today and I am about to sneak out.  There is a meeting in the conference room behind me, the person in the office next to me is on speaker phone and someone else is popping balloons.  Needless to say my concentration is shot.  I need to set up my travel for St Paul in a few weeks but I have time and I am 90% sure I would have to go back and fix something if I tried to do it now.

I took off work early on Friday and no one called and derailed my plan!!  I saw Are You There God, It's Me Margaret.  It was so good.  Very nostalgic.  It did bring up a question that I had never thought about.  What did the boys watch while we were getting the period talk?  There was a part in the movie where she was laying with her grandmother and they were talking that almost made me cry because it reminded me so much of the relationship I had with me Granny.  And this would have been one of the books I would have read at her house.  I am glad I went alone.  

Saturday was with my mom.  She called me and said my little sister sent her a text asking if we would go by her house and let the dogs out because she went OKC to visit dr. boyfriend.  I told her oh hell no.  I don't know if my mom told her I said no or what but I didn't go.  I can take petty to a completely different level.  She came up with yet another story about the physical therapist, this time she said if she did the exercises at home she didn't have to come in.  Big surprise she isn't doing them.

Sunday I went to Target and picked up a travel backpack that I absolutely love.  

  https://www.travelandleisure.com/target-made-by-design-viral-travel-backpack-6834839

My laptop bag is a backpack so I probably need to get a sleeve with a strap to use when I travel and put it in the bag.  I got the bigger one because I have a tote that I take also that I stick under the seat.  

My older sister asked me if I was ready to buy plane tickets for NYC.  I know she will get 1st class but I would rather spend that $200+ on Broadway.  I am, however trying to decide if I want to spend the extra for a refundable ticket.  I mean mid-October is iffy with hurricane season and it is my turn to go.  I don't want to turn down the fema pay if it is offered.  

While I was at Target, I got a text from Brooke that she was at the ER with what they thought was appendicitis.  They did a CT scan and found a large 15-20 lbs tumor on her stomach.  They checked her cancer markers but I guess the results take awhile.  She went in today for another scan and they said she has 5 masses with a width of 42 cm.  But they don't show typical cancer characteristics.  She will be getting them removed soon and they want to have the oncologist there just in case.  I am trying not to think about it too much.  I told her that she is only 3.5 hours away.  

For some reason I have been so tired lately.  I went down to my car and took a nap for lunch.  I did the same yesterday.  I started back on Vitamin D, I hope that helps some.   


2 comments:

  1. It's spring, of course you're tired. I know I am.

    I think when they did "the talk" we were altogether so the boys learned about periods as well. I might be mistaken though as that was nearly 50 years ago now. :-)

    There is train service, of course, this being Europe. The connections are pretty shitting though. It takes 90 minutes to 2 hours one way. She lives on the other side of the river from me so the train lines run north/south and the connections in my direction aren't the greatest. Plus it costs €20 each way, which is pretty steep unless she gets the monthly pass.

    As for being in her feels, I haven't told her about L. coming yet though this probably has me stressed right now. The shit hit the fan yesterday (as I figured it would) and she went home early. We haven't spoken since. As my mother used to say when I was constipated, "this too shall pass, my son."

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe Jay is right that the boys and girls were all together. I think the boys might have learned about periods, but I bet they did it in an all-boy setting. I asked G, but he has no memory of doing anything like that at all (he probably blocked it).

    Did you book your NYC trip yet? I hope you will end up with tickets for some great shows!

    ReplyDelete